• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

my latest acquisitions

Edward

my newest zipper pull! not sure if its legit vintage as this sort of thing can be faked but I got it cheap so no matter...

30cal1.jpg
30cal3.jpg
30cal4.jpg
30cal8.jpg

A2 B3au

50 cal can be pretty general in firearms terms ,pistols,rifles,machine guns all use 50cals in various lengths

Edward

I don’t have it in hand yet but I’m pretty certain it’s a .30 CAL I don’t know if it’s a ball or a dummy round but I feel it’s legit considering if someone was trying to pass off This thing has historically significant they probably would have etched in a location like Normandy or something silly like that on it as well so being it’s simplified and the numbers have a very vintage style to them I’m thinking it’s legit and trench art using bullets was very common…

Flightengineer

Looks like 7,62 russian ..( Cal 0.3) fired..
..see here..

Brice, damn, I remember how many soldiers made different souvenirs from 7.62 and 5.45 bullets in the war ...
I still have a dried scorpion sitting on the bullet for memory ...was made by my friend who was the big master for such handmade things.
To be honest, I would never attach a bullet as a puller to my flight jacket. But it's me ... In addition, the bullet is heavy enough for this, it would irritate me that it hangs there :)
But If the Edward's find is really from 1943, then of course it probably has some kind of story.

Pilot

Thx...
Guess one might get stopped at most of the worlds civilized security checks in airports with this thing around his neck... Whether a live ( tracer, explosive ...) bullet or filled with Cobalt or lead... A “no go” at most of these pre-boarding checks...
I Korea, Japan and most probably same in the US... its an offence and might become very costly ( trying to board an aircraft with this thing on you ).
So wear it with pride... far away from commercial airliners...;)

Last edited:

Edward

I bought it knowing there was a good chance it wasn’t authentic. I didn’t pay much for it and it’s hardly noticeable as a zipper pull. I keep checking to make sure it’s still there! Lol! At least I didn’t have to make it myself and I liked the date inscribed on it! Ya, I certainly won’t go to the airport with it on lol!

Edward

See the Nato Cal 0.3 design.View attachment 30654

That photo says “West German” So post war. Also NATO was formed in 1949. I did some research and found quite a number of comparison photos of 30 CAL bullets and mine matches the 1930s and 40s era version with the non-tapered back… But I still can’t be for sure that it’s authentic. I’ll try to find that photo again

Pilot

Can only confirm surely with all dimensions and weight... but I am almost certain its AK47 post war... US/German/Japanese/Soviet WW2 were different...all tapered and not 7,62 in diam.