• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

my latest acquisitions

Edward

Excited to add this rare little beauty to my wrist!

U.S. ARMY A.C.
Watch Navigation Hack
Type A-11 Ser.No. 42-10791
Ord.No. W535ac-18210
Spec.No. 94-27834
Mfgrs.Part No. 1768
ELGIN

a little wear on it and the interior looks a little worn but it works... hack still functions... might need a good cleaning. might be a complete rebuild with a couple replacement parts like the crystal But for only $200 I'd say I did good on a rare white face

ElginAC1.jpg
ElginAC2.jpg
ElginAC3.jpg
ElginAC4.jpg
ElginAC5.jpg
ElginAC6.jpg
ElginAC7.jpg
ElginAC8.jpg
ElginNumber.jpg

B-Man2

Ed
You’re on a roll this month. You’ve been pulling some pretty nice stuff out of the woodwork.
Nice.......!

Edward

I currently have it under good authority that my watch is 100% correct and authentic and probably the deal of the year! seems I landed one of the holy grails of A-11 watches for a steal. sweet!

ausreenactor

Old people purging before death lol!

These are the smart ones.... Generally it is the relatives doing a fire sale without realizing what they have.

The pre-Deployment Funeral Plan and Asset Appreciation for Tianna raised her eyebrows. "There is $6500 sitting on those three coat hangers and at least that again in the roller draw under the bed."

B-Man2

Good thing you trained her well. My wife would immediately have a garage sale with a 3 for sale.
3 GWs for $100.o_O

Edward

happy to report the UsAAC white dial is keeping perfect time and in sync with my A-11. Also I read that some (all?) white dials had hands that looked black but were blue in certain angles and I can show (although blurry) mine has the blue hands. either this guy was particularly careful with this watch or hardly wore it...

IMG_6577.JPG
IMG_6579.JPG
IMG_6581.JPG
IMG_6587.JPG

Spitfireace

happy to report the UsAAC white dial is keeping perfect time and in sync with my A-11. Also I read that some (all?) white dials had hands that looked black but were blue in certain angles and I can show (although blurry) mine has the blue hands. either this guy was particularly careful with this watch or hardly wore it...

View attachment 21723View attachment 21724View attachment 21725View attachment 21726
I'm assuming the watch on the left is an Elgin also? I have a Waltham from 1942 with a black dial and the bezel is not the same as yours.