• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

my latest acquisitions

ausreenactor

Rory Schultz

I tried looking for nose art on here but couldn't find it, thanks for the link to it. By the way, my latest jacket is a 1930 Roho motorbike racing jacket with zipp zippers I just got for 175. The leather and its patina is awesome! Forgot to mention the front main zipper is by Opti. 20190621_110057.jpg20190621_110138.jpg20190621_110105.jpg20190621_110114.jpg

Edward

I need help. I need an intervention. :eek: :D o_O

I have wanted one for my collection but they rarely come up anymore.
7 or 8 came up all at once last year from a single seller out of the state of Georgia but they weren't in the best of condition... they all sold quickly just the same but I wasn't in any position to buy so I missed out....

today I finally got my blue bunny :)... I should've resisted but you just don't see them much these days.
It should be here next week...

F-1 Electrically heated blue 'bunny' suit. Size 42.

some moth holes here and there and some breakage wear at one side but will display nicely. no stains.

BlueBunnyFront.jpg
BlueBunnyBack.jpg
BlueBunnyTag.jpg
BlueBunnyZip.jpg
BlueBunnyBackHanger.jpg
BlueBunnyCuffs.jpg
BlueBunnyDamage.jpg

B-Man2

I need help. I need an intervention. :eek: :D o_O

I have wanted one for my collection but they rarely come up anymore.
7 or 8 came up all at once last year from a single seller out of the state of Georgia but they weren't in the best of condition... they all sold quickly just the same but I wasn't in any position to buy so I missed out....

today I finally got my blue bunny :)... I should've resisted but you just don't see them much these days.
It should be here next week...

F-1 Electrically heated blue 'bunny' suit. Size 42.

some moth holes here and there and some breakage wear at one side but will display nicely. no stains.

View attachment 20993View attachment 20994View attachment 20995View attachment 20996View attachment 20997View attachment 20998View attachment 20999
Hell Ed!
You don’t need an intervention, I’d say your doing just fine buddy!:)

Edward

Klucel G (Cellugel)
Applied it to a few small dry spots today... darkened it up nicely but as it dries it goes back to the original color.. but after putting some Renapur Leather Conditioner on it the areas look much better. hopefully the Klucel G will help strengthen the area and keep the jacket from deteriorating. we shall see...

Had to dissolve one teaspoon of the powder into 4 ounces of isopropyl alcohol and shake it up and let completely dissolve for 24 hours. it makes a crap load of it... I only needed a tiny bit but there is a lot of the powder base left.

IMG_2811.JPG
IMG_0712.JPG
IMG_6913.JPG
IMG_2313.JPG
IMG_5201.JPG
IMG_6293.JPG
IMG_0389.JPG
IMG_6653.JPG
IMG_0160.JPG
IMG_7439.JPG

Edward

added a nice khaki Bancroft Flighter "Crusher" ( 1-ply visor!) to my collection... can any talented researchers here get further on the ID of EDWARD C. LAHEY / O-842046 ?
I got only that Lieutenant Lahey is mentioned in the "USAAF Incident & Accident Personnel List" from 1944.... I can't seem to find anything more :(

Bancroft-l1600-8.jpg
Bancroft-l1600-7.jpg
Bancroft-l1600.jpg
Bancroft-l1600-3.jpg
Bancroft-l1600-2.jpg
Bancroft-l1600-4.jpg
Bancroft-l1600-5.jpg
Bancroft-l1600-6.jpg

Edward

You did well young man! ;)
Thank you good sir! Well considering it’s a true crusher and only has one very minor moth bite that doesn’t even go all the way through I think I did OK for sure! I was kind of surprised to see it come up really… I think most people want the olive drab ETO Bancroft crushers but since I have that CBI 5th/ 2nd bomb squadron A-2 I needed the khaki crusher! LOL!

ausreenactor

I have a khaki Bancroft Flighter purchased for a song from our own beloved 'Andrew'. And a Diamond Dave OD repro. Fitted a genuine large Eagle insignia soon after I got it. Great cap.