• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

my latest acquisitions

Edward

That’s a very cool find, and it looks like it was never used. Does the inside show any staining.?
The interior looks clean no staining. wish I knew the story of its history!
coffee4.jpg

EmergencyIan

B-Man2

That looks better every time I look at it.
I’ll bet that somewhere there’s a case of those things, in new condition , sitting in someone’s garage or attic.

Last edited:

Edward

Thanks but wouldn’t my coffee taste better in it somehow? LOL! You know I’m going to use it! But I will be super careful with it and treat it like gold! Yeah I would like to think that a crew member brought it back because it was his favorite cup but for all I know he shipped it off to his girlfriend while still there. I can’t imagine how a 1941 English made RAF coffee cup would end up in the state otherwise. So I like to fantasize that an airman used it and brought it back home with him after completing his tour of duty in 1943! Yeah that’s good!

Edward

I'd use it a lot! Just don't use it for tea!
Stains will come out anyway. I used some Scrubbing Bubbles on one of my daily use cups and was quite surprised.
good point. I only drink a cup or two on weekend mornings. I don't have time during the work week so I pop a 200mg caffeine pill (I usually break it in half as 100 mg won't get me over peaked lol!
Most likely it will just be on display as I am currently using a 1940s Army Medical mug (thick and heavy!) on a 3/17/ 1941 USQMC saucer. the sugar condiment jar is also a 1941 USQMC
IMG_2645.JPG

EmergencyIan

Hey, my wanting to use it wasn’t such a crazy idea after all! Lol As I said, I’d want to use it.

Love that U.S. Medical Dept. coffee cup that you’re using! I’ve seen a lot of items, including dishes for the U.S. Medical Department, including dishes, over the years.

- Ian

Edward

Hey, my wanting to use it wasn’t such a crazy idea after all! Lol As I said, I’d want to use it.

Love that U.S. Medical Dept. coffee cup that you’re using! I’ve seen a lot of items, including dishes for the U.S. Medical Department, including dishes, over the years.

- Ian
ya, the medical dept stuff is really common for some reason. perhaps because a lot of men were sent back to the US for recovery so a lot of stuff is readily available. the US Quarter Master Corps mess hall wares are really easy and cheap to get as well.... so much on eBay. I just wanted a nice solid coffee mug of the era! LOL!

EmergencyIan

ya, the medical dept stuff is really common for some reason. perhaps because a lot of men were sent back to the US for recovery so a lot of stuff is readily available. the US Quarter Master Corps mess hall wares are really easy and cheap to get as well.... so much on eBay. I just wanted a nice solid coffee mug of the era! LOL!

Another WWII item that was built like a tank! It’s very nice. I may look into picking one up off of eBay or a similar one.

- Ian

Edward

Wow! That is fantastic! I definitely would have purchased that as well… You are not crazy for getting that! I love it.

Dover

I had considered using it but just didn't have the heart to break in a 75 year old wallet that still looks factory fresh save a touch of green oxidation corrosion around the button snaps. I'll have to sell it 25 years from now anyway to fund my medications for my Old man syndromes so I want to keep it looking nice. LOL! I figure my WWII items will be about 100 years old then and maybe there will be collectors still interested... if not I have a lot of junk to donate to a museum. lol!
Edward don't give any thought to donating your treasures to a museum. Your collection IS a museum that we all here at VLJ enjoy! And being here in North Carolina I'm close enough to take the tour! lol;)