• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

my latest acquisitions

Edward

No, no, no Edward, it's Camels, no other cigarette tastes so rich yet smokes so mild, it's "the soldier's steady"! ;)
LOL!!! or, Smoke a Lucky to feel your level best! or,

YkFH4RRq9N4hOOXlnyLOCDl72eJkfbmt4t8yenImKBVvK0kTmF0xjctABnaLJIm9.jpeg

Smithy

I gave up two years ago and am very happy to have but I will admit that there's two smokes I do miss, one after a bloody good big dinner and the other, well you can work it out for yourselves.

Edward

so for shits and giggles I got this Parachute Log record book dating May 1943.
the only entry is exactly 10 years later May 1953: inspected for storage! LOL! I wonder where that cargo chute is today?

IMG_1516.JPG
IMG_1517.JPG
IMG_1518.JPG

Smithy

so for shits and giggles I got this Parachute Log record book dating May 1943.
the only entry is exactly 10 years later May 1953: inspected for storage! LOL! I wonder where that cargo chute is today?

View attachment 8142 View attachment 8143 View attachment 8144

Sadly probably thrown out. Like most government issue stuff, store it until needed, once it's too old or if it's not needed try and sell it, if you can't sell it throw it out.

Edward

Man, what the heck is wrong with me. I love looking at vintage A2 jackets. I need help.
same here. I spent a lot of time looking at all the posts and pics here months ago. and checked out other sites and google images of period A-2 jackets. I have a fascination for them. only just this past year was I able to finally get one... then another.. and another. lol! all repros. maybe one day I can invest in a period authentic theater worn jacket. I look at those too that come up on various sites but I just can't do it right now... so I spend on the peripherals like leather helmets, gloves, wool flight suits. Its amazing what you can get if you live on feebay and keep hitting the newly listed button lol! hope I can pay my rent next month! LOL!

Edward

so I'm mulling over adding a set of NOS TYPE A-9A gunners mittens to my museum.
not sure on the maker. Ken-Wel Sporting Goods Co. (a lesser known but made baseball gloves.) Purchase order 44-6528 AF spec no. 94 3070 A
should I get these?
s-l1600-1.jpg
s-l1600-6.jpg
s-l1600-7.jpg

Edward

So on today's episode of "I've spent too much money now praise the lord and pass the ammunition" I have acquired and received the rare and highly desirable Larger brown foam rubber earpads! nice and soft still! hope they don't degrade on me... I never thought I would come across a set of these!
they come on an early set of R-14 that specifically say Signal Corps US Army.

now my display more accurately mimics the Chesterfield ad ! LOL!

IMG_1538.JPG
IMG_1539.JPG
IMG_1540.JPG