• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

my latest acquisitions

Carl

Thanks B-Man2
Its all just in the living room of my tiny apartment. but I live alone so it can be the man cave and I can enjoy my collection. if I ever find a girlfriend (or rather, she finds me because I give up on looking) then it will be a must she has an interest in WWII / AAF / RAF... if not, I'll boot her out of my bunk, throw her to the curb and tell her to hitch a ride back to whence she came. :p
I wouldnt lose sleep over it Edward ;)

Garylafortuna

Edward, she certainly is a most beguiling beauty, but even if you could get your hands onto that time machine, you need to work on a plan to get her to worship the ground you walk on. Could be tricky. Unrequited love seldom ends well.

Last edited:

Edward

Edward, she certainly is a most beguiling beauty, but even if you could get your hands onto that time machine, you need to work on a plan to get her to worship the ground you walk on. Could be tricky. Unrequited love seldom ends well.
so true! LOL!

Edward

Does this count as related gear? :p I'll let you be the judge...

IMG_3007.JPG
IMG_3006.JPG
media-20991.jpeg

Planterstinscopy.jpg

Edward

Got this original ID wallet with two period photos inside of it from 1944 of S/SGT Jay R. Magee of Oklahoma City, Oklahoma (a good sense of humor too! *see back of photo)
I haven’t been able to find info on him...

30B1A6EB-8A2A-4661-86A9-93173F8CBB37.jpeg
1263945E-FA72-4A80-87B3-3CBB9EC49617.jpeg
7504D189-2F4F-444A-B3D8-91A10D0D75E6.jpeg
C52B8375-3678-4426-81D6-C35ADD88BECB.jpeg

Last edited:

Edward

Just received this. I’ve never seen this water slide decal before. Silver in color. Same instructions on the reverse side as the standard A-2 decals and dated ‘44
802DC3D0-30DA-417E-B319-03E7C5CE0F6E.jpeg
EBE26A3D-9CC0-4CFB-B162-BC00A869F1DE.jpeg

Edward

Sorry but this is not AN6531 Type I aviators by Willson, this civil Willsonite from 50's..
And yes, your collection is amazing!!!
Thanks. Well they don’t say Willsonite they say Willson on the frames but they’re good enough for my display… I’ve since acquired other glasses and 1940s Bausch & Lomb in the original case with paperwork.

Edward

If you recall my earlier posting about the Planters Peanuts tins, I have since learned that Planters was sending vacuum sealed cigarettes in them!
This ensured dry, fresh protected cigarettes arrived overseas! While they may have been snackin on Peanuts they were also smoking Chelsea brand Cigarettes fresh from a Planters Peanut can! LOL!
Tins were sent with a wrap around paper label stating that it is an Emergency Pack for Overseas Forces
This unopened tin sold for $421.30 back in December 2000
D3-240.png

736px-Mr._Peanut_Goes_to_War-Propaganda-680x946.jpg