• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

my latest acquisitions

Edward

Trying hard not to collect anything else but couldn’t resist this large 25” x 38” Army Air Forces recruitment poster in very good condition featuring two B-24 Liberators and three pilots! Dated 9/15/43. Rich colors!
It’s the same size as my 1942 aircrew recruitment poster with the three B-17 Flying Fortresses so they will look great side-by-side!
You don’t really see this one come up very often so I had to have it! LOL! $279 shipped which is less than I paid for the B-17 one.

1FCDC638-D609-4A81-9E4B-13BF841C8207.jpeg
60493FAE-8D66-4AB5-AE8A-F0D85153C3AE.jpeg
4A095A9E-5E58-4DD3-96E7-3C7F1AE536AE.jpeg
5F60FCC3-32D7-43A7-8B87-1DE0FC80F8DC.jpeg

Rory Schultz

Trying hard not to collect anything else but couldn’t resist this large 25” x 38” Army Air Forces recruitment poster in very good condition featuring two B-24 Liberators and three pilots! Dated 9/15/43. Rich colors!
It’s the same size as my 1942 aircrew recruitment poster with the three B-17 Flying Fortresses so they will look great side-by-side!
You don’t really see this one come up very often so I had to have it! LOL! $279 shipped which is less than I paid for the B-17 one.

View attachment 68919View attachment 68918View attachment 68921View attachment 68920

Hey Edward, did you notice that all three pilots are the same guy? LOL

johnwayne

Defo not Gary, seen and spoke to him at Duxford many times! Never really liked that cover either, a bit corny I thought. Having said that all ELC’s printed matter inc the A2 manual could be so much better both in their typography and graphic design - surprising given Gary being an ex compositor/typesetter! It’s all subjective of course!!

Edward

Minutia time! :D
I have a small collection of war era 30's 40's cafe/diner items and I've searched for over a year for an elusive set of very specific style salt and pepper shakers... weird I know but check out these photos of various WWII era service members. On the tables is a very specific style of shaker with what turned out to be Mother Of Pearl inlay. Finally a set came up on ebay and I got them for cheap! No maker mark so I just call them "Quartermaster supply shakers" :p

SaltPepperQuatermaster2.jpg
SaltPepperQuatermaster3.jpg
IMG_9277NavyWavesSaltPepperFull.JPG
SaltShakerAAF.jpeg
ArmySaltPepperWWII.jpg
IMG_9278.JPG
SaltPepperArmyWWII.jpg
SaltShakerWWIINavy.jpg
1943-Press-Photo-WAACs-digging-in-to-Army.jpg
co2.jpg

Lebensgefahr

How sweet Edward, there is an auction coming up with some Recruitment Posters.

Check this out I recently got....not sure if I had posted it already, sooooo If I have....tough...you can look at it again! LOL

View attachment 68930
That's really interesting, i have an original Boulton Paul Defiant watercolour by this artist that i bought a very long time ago (from America) and i tried to find out more about him but with no success.

Rory Schultz

Good Grief,
You see the photo with those babes with a huge plate of food and massive chunk of watermelon? As if, those women could eat all that food! That is most assuredly a propaganda photo to make the enemy sooooo hungry and envious!