• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

my latest acquisitions

Edward

Acquired an original box for my B-11 Ring Sight (with original wrapping paper inside!)
2A3C69F3-41D5-4B04-B2AB-2CEB397870E2.jpeg
78694067-8971-496B-AB7E-B1DB4B2610D4.jpeg
DC6985FC-317A-4A5D-B579-DAEB086851E9.jpeg
18512FE6-2B84-423A-9779-10ACF32E86C7.jpeg

Edward

You Edward should be a guest on the “American Pickers Show” . You are the “Jorge” of memorabilia.;)
Being this complete will make it much easier to sell and get my money back in the future! LOL! I probably won’t make a profit but at least get what I spent on it all back…more likely to sell with an original box!

B-Man2

I bet you’ll make a few quid in the process . A mint gunsight with the original box ? I’d say you made a great investment . :)

Rory Schultz

That is pretty cool Edward. Attach it to something then look thru it while looking at your wife...test her reaction! LOL

Is it for the 50 cal guns on a B-17? It would be funny to attach that on a little .22 hand pistol and take a photo of it. Sign says Gun Range rental for ages 80 and above!

Edward

That is pretty cool Edward. Attach it to something then look thru it while looking at your wife...test her reaction! LOL

Is it for the 50 cal guns on a B-17? It would be funny to attach that on a little .22 hand pistol and take a photo of it. Sign says Gun Range rental for ages 80 and above!
Yes the waist gunner positions on the 17‘s used B-11 gun ring sites… In fact here is an update :
I’m proud to announce that I’m actually doing something very special with it. Its going to a new home very soon where it will be in its proper location aboard a B-17 Flying Fortress (waist gun position!) I’m donating it to the Lucky Thirteen B-17F restoration and I’ve already contacted historian/VP of the Hangar Thirteen Foundation –Gerad Blume. I am honored and delighted that I am able to contribute to the restoration build of this B-17F! https://hangarthirteen.org
8571152A-DB22-4280-A8BB-98DC3652D080.png

Kermit3D

Yes the waist gunner positions on the 17‘s used B-11 gun ring sites… In fact here is an update :
I’m proud to announce that I’m actually doing something very special with it. Its going to a new home very soon where it will be in its proper location aboard a B-17 Flying Fortress (waist gun position!) I’m donating it to the Lucky Thirteen B-17F restoration and I’ve already contacted historian/VP of the Hangar Thirteen Foundation –Gerad Blume. I am honored and delighted that I am able to contribute to the restoration build of this B-17F! https://hangarthirteen.org
View attachment 60566

Absolutely brilliant !
You have all my respect sir. :)

Edward

Its the most appropriate place for it. Better that its attached to a .50 cal M2 Browning machine gun aboard a Boeing B-17 where it belongs rather than in my living room collecting dust with only me drooling over it!
they needed it and i had it so now I can boast that I had a hand of sorts in helping to realize the dream! Its much more rewarding this way than hoarding it and eventually having to try to sell it to another collector one day. My fear is when I’m ready to sell off my collection it’ll be 20 years from now and no one will be interested in any of it! I could be wrong but I have a feeling my stuff will be a hard sell 20 years from now. Those that collect the stuff will also be trying to get rid of it and have both feet in the grave just like me and can’t afford to spend their fixed income retirement paychecks on antiques! Lol! Hopefully when it’s finished I’ll get a VIP invite for a tour of it!

B-Man2

Its the most appropriate place for it. Better that its attached to a .50 cal M2 Browning machine gun aboard a Boeing B-17 where it belongs rather than in my living room collecting dust with only me drooling over it!
they needed it and i had it so now I can boast that I had a hand of sorts in helping to realize the dream! Its much more rewarding this way than hoarding it and eventually having to try to sell it to another collector one day. My fear is when I’m ready to sell off my collection it’ll be 20 years from now and no one will be interested in any of it! I could be wrong but I have a feeling my stuff will be a hard sell 20 years from now. Those that collect the stuff will also be trying to get rid of it and have both feet in the grave just like me and can’t afford to spend their fixed income retirement paychecks on antiques! Lol! Hopefully when it’s finished I’ll get a VIP invite for a tour of it!
How ever it plays out, you did a nice thing. Is the plan to rehab “Lucky 13 “ into a flying aircraft again?

Edward

How ever it plays out, you did a nice thing. Is the plan to rehab “Lucky 13 “ into a flying aircraft again?
Yes. Their goal is to have a full restoration and have the aircraft as fully restored and outfitted as you would have found it once it went into active duty. The amount of detail they are putting into this aircraft is astounding! Having said that I’m not sure that they’re necessarily going to actually fly it. I believe it will be airworthy but I’m not sure they will go out on tours. I don’t know if their intentions are to take it to events from time to time or just leave it as a static display. I’ll find out more…

B-Man2

Yes. Their goal is to have a full restoration and have the aircraft as fully restored and outfitted as you would have found it once it went into active duty. The amount of detail they are putting into this aircraft is astounding! Having said that I’m not sure that they’re necessarily going to actually fly it. I believe it will be airworthy but I’m not sure they will go out on tours. I don’t know if their intentions are to take it to events from time to time or just leave it as a static display. I’ll find out more…
Thanks for that info Ed .

Latest posts