• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

my latest acquisitions

Edward

for shits and giggles (because I'm full of those... shits that is) I got a cheap fun box of 1943 olive drab map tacks. they are more like finishing nails though! you could hang some heavy canvas with these! :p

ah, the junk I spend my $$$ on... well, I don't drink, I don't smoke and I don't pay for hookers so.... :D

IMG_2008.JPG

Edward

thrilled to announce the full restoration of my 1942 H-1 Bailout bottle and it is now complete! I acquired another bottle that not only had the valve handle but a soft pliable rubber hose! the other bottle has a lot of paint chipping and was dated 1944 so I just removed the valve knob and put it on my mint 1942!

IMG_2015.JPG
IMG_2016.JPG

Edward

I was able to dig out the residue of old petrified rubber from the hose clamp. I pried it open enough to push the good hose into it then it took quite a bit of effort to slide it over the valve port but now it’s polished off with its final detail to give it the fresh out of the box look. ( as soon as the weather cools down I might get back on topic and talk A-2s! Lol! ) another H-1 just posted to eBay last night with bidders already. Good condition other than a petrified hose.

95C58EEA-E746-4B18-B759-4C5AE1121E0A.jpeg

Edward

I got this for more shits and giggles.... extremely difficult to find authentic war era rubber date stamps it would seem but I finally got this WWII era German rubber date stamp from a person in Bulgaria that has the dates from 1941 through 1952. its fragile but still fully functional and alterable.
IMG_2093.jpg

Edward

I'll stay quite toasty in this very early Type II Class A Wool V-Neck Sweater!
Dated January 22, 1942 and just my size (42)! Got it for $93 shipped.
it only has one flaw, a good 1 cm catch/tear on the right cuff but I can get it repaired one day... otherwise it looks like it wasn't worn very much and the label is still quite legible.

Size 42

MYRTLE KNITTING MILLS Inc
(one of the 7 known manufacturers of this spec)
Contract No. W-669-QM-15191
Dated January 22, 1942
A.M.C. Tent. Spec. P.Q.D. No. 111
Type II - December 22, 1941
Stock No. 55-S-91042
Phila. Q.M. Depot

IMG_2100.JPG
IMG_2115.JPG
IMG_2130.JPG
IMG_2136.JPG
IMG_2143.JPG
IMG_2092.jpg

Edward

I have NOS 1944 A9A trigger gloves.... and excellent almost mint 1945 B-3A with minty NOS 1944 Rayon insert gloves.

Edward

yes, my B3A are 1945 Army Air Forces by the Alexette Glove CorporationThe B-3A replaced the B-3 in 1944.

jeremiah

Wow. I like those. I have often thought of trying to make my own. But I hand sew everything and definitely would want a machine to do that. I have lots of nice goat and sheep skin though that would make nice gloves.

Edward

B3 and B3A are considered summer gloves. the rayon liners were used for the A9A and the F-1 and F-2 heated gloves. I did find pics of guys wearing the rayons with the B3s though.