• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

my latest acquisitions

ausreenactor

Our aluminium 'pan,set,messing' can't be used to eat out of anymore. Too dangerous. We still carry them as part of an equipment list though?

Edward

And here is why I ordered the trench art ashtray... I previously acquired this B-17 field cast aluminum beauty from a collector in England and it arrived today... talk about a match made in heaven! although not originally married it looks as if it was made for this specific Ashtray build! it has two drill holes so that it can be displayed flying level or banking.
IMG_0619.JPG
IMG_0620.JPG
IMG_0621.JPG
IMG_0624.JPG
IMG_0625.JPG
IMG_0627.JPG
IMG_0630.JPG
IMG_0635.JPG
IMG_0636.JPG
IMG_0637.JPG

Last edited:

Edward

lol just checked the very first post in this thread, so I guess is this Edward's personal thread for showing off his stuff?

I thought it was for everyone to post their new stuff :)

sorry Edward, no wonder why I got the surprised face from you :)
No ! The surprise was for the item! Anyone can add to this thread and encouraged to do so!

kirova

ok second try :)

randomly came across this repro Talon zipper while browsing ebay, it is not the most accurate repro by a long shot (especially the slider), but for the price I paid (around 4.6 pounds plus another 3 or 4 pounds for shipping), I am happy with it, definitely a nice change from US sellers using GSP who wants $20 to $$30 to post a single zipper :)

My old cheap B-10's zipper is starting to rip at the bottom, so this might be a good replacement.

Besides Talons, the seller also has repro Conmar as well:

I only brought one zipper this time to test the water, I might go back and grab a few more later on (no, I am not affiliated with the seller in any way whatsoever :))

Attachments

• DSC_1203.JPG
    5.8 MB · Views: 207
  • DSC_1201.JPG
    6.6 MB · Views: 199
  • DSC_1199.JPG
    6.4 MB · Views: 198
  • DSC_1194.JPG
    6.4 MB · Views: 216

Edward

so I did a thing today... my final dream piece for my 1940s USAAF office is a vintage 1940s Teacher's/Office desk. In the meantime I did the next best thing. I retro-upgraded my modern desk to look more vintage by using salvaged Oak Desk Drawer Pull Handles from a 1930s desk that was beyond repair. I bought these off the guy for $10.00. Now I have that look I was after until I can afford to buy a vintage desk. The stain on the handles is darker than the desk but I think the contrast compliments the piece.

IMG_0639.JPG
IMG_0640.JPG
IMG_0641.JPG

Before:

IMG_0643.JPG

After:

IMG_0651.JPG
IMG_0652.JPG
IMG_0653.JPG

Examples of the look I was going for:

96pa101_5641a.jpg
30572u.jpg
SHORPY-20677a.jpg

ausreenactor

Spied an old Patrol Blues jacket on eBay months ago. Named and in good shape for its age. Bullion wing was probably worth the start bid. Turns out LTCOL Henk Pronk won a DFC in Vietnam and became Commanding Officer of the 1st Aviation Regiment. Sadly he passed a while ago. Fathered two military officers. One Medical Officer and one SAS Squadron OC.

Snapped it up when I spied his name in an Aviation newsletter.

Screenshot_20200707-201554_eBay.jpg
Screenshot_20200707-201633_eBay.jpg
Screenshot_20200707-201607_eBay.jpg