my latest acquisitions

kirova

Just snaffled a rare KG Luke US Visor Eagle. Will pop it on the recent Khaki/OD DD Crusher. Missed a couple in recent months that both got snapped up on the same day. Was watching them for almost a year on my EBay watchlist. Both of those were over $100 with BIN prices. Got this excellent example for under US$60. Stumbled on to it yesterday.. More of that Indian dude's karma?

Enjoy...

View attachment 34787

Happy, happy, happy....
made in Melbourne? what the story behind that? (made for the US forces stationed here during WW2?)

edit: ok Google says KG Luke was a mint company in Melbourne that made coins and badges from the 30s til the 80s

ausreenactor

Best score was a USMC EGA (left collar/side cap) by KG Luke I snaffled for AUD$12 at an antique fair in Mildura. Retail was around US$300 at the time.

kirova

Best score was a USMC EGA (left collar/side cap) by KG Luke I snaffled for AUD$12 at an antique fair in Mildura. Retail was around US$300 at the time.
lol well done! personally I haven't been to one of those fairs for years, it used to be held at the old Sydney show ground which was about 15 mins by bus from where I used to lived, but these days, I think it is all the way out in Penrith, which is like 1+ hour drive away........