• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

my latest acquisitions

Rory Schultz

Need your opinion of the Hartmann (seller said " IT " not me, well Georgie take itttttttttt, "t") On the French OooLaLabay it is at 176 Euros and it ends soon. There are some suspicious spots on it......like the zippers seem very wide at the openings like someone took out the original zips and replaced it with another. Same with the pocket flaps, the texture and color is not quite exacting to the original leather. It is going to take a lot of restoration for this jacket. Is she worth it? s-l1600  Hartmann jacket 1.jpgs-l1600 hartmann 2.jpgs-l1600 hartmann 3.jpgs-l1600 hartmann 4.jpgs-l1600 hartmann 5 Gitex  zipper.jpgs-l1600 hartmann 6 made in france zipper.jpgs-l1600 hartmann partial buckle and BREVETE S.D.G.D. zipper.jpgs-l1600 hartmann 8  bad sleeve.jpgs-l1600 hartmann 10 rear view.jpg LET ME KNOW WHAT YOU GUYS THINK...…..Hurry, Hurry! Step right up...come on 'lil fella.....step right up, come one come all....step right up and see...she walks, she talks, she crawls on her belly like a reptile! Yes, young fella come on and see....go ahead, she won't bite, " t,t,t,t"! ...…….( Carnival freak show Barker!) Sorry guys, my painkillers are having a good ole time. I'm not, but they are!

I guess no one is going to let me know if this jacket is worth buying. Did I put it in the wrong area?

Last edited:

Flightengineer

I received it today as a gift from my American friend and colleague civilian pilot, but his brother was E-2C's crew member in VAW-78 about 20 years ago.
I once had a G-1 Brill Bros 1972 with similar VAW-78 patch. Jacket was sold to one good guy cause it was a little small for me. I didn't regret the jacket, but regretted the funny patch with a snail in the sky.
And now one came back to me. NOS and nice.

ausreenactor

A guy at the Mareeba Muster last year had tables full of Japanese surgeons kits, bandages and medical supplies. Amazing stuff but not my bag. He wasn't there this year? Grabbed some of mint US bandages very cheaply.