• Hey guys, I had to upgrade the VLJ software because the old one is being phased out. Please let me know of any issues in the SITE UPDATE THREAD. Thanks!

my latest acquisitions

Rory Schultz

I need your opinion on this jacket guys. The seller says it is 1930's French made, the zipper has no name but a square of dots on the puller. Does this look period and authentic? The label says Byron and Co. Paris....but anyone can sew on a label post years.

s-l1600 French jacket 3.jpgs-l1600 french jacket 2 jpg.jpgs-l1600 french jacket 5.jpgs-l1600 french jacket 6.jpg

Rory Schultz

What? No one is going to help identify this jacket for me? I am trying to figure out if this authentic so as to purchase or not.

Flightengineer

Thanks friends.
But on this type of plane's parts in real never painted any art.
It's engine cowl flap (and that flew a lot).

I don't want to draw anything on it, it is beautiful as it is.
It stand back on my desktop, and I like that it is simply polished and how the models on my table is reflected in it, which from time to time I change from one to another.

It surprised me that despite this flap spent many hours in the sky, when I washed it on the back side with the partner number, the Douglas Aircraft factory decal from the 1940s good preserved.

Flightengineer

Did you do the polish job?
Yes.This time re-polished by myself (it faded a little for two years). First time we did this together with my friend in his workshop. Together with him, we polished my blade from the C-47 also.
But unlike the blade, this flap was easily polished. This is just a piece of skin. The blade is much more difficult to polish because of its complex shape.

ausreenactor

Good thought my friend, but I can’t live so long o_O :D
We have the Bismarck and Terminator publications getting advertised. One part each week. Well over $2000 to knock them all together, over a period of four years or something like that...

How do you eat an Elephant? One bite at a time..