• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

My last A-2 (hopefully) - Good Wear

Lorenzo_l

Lorenzo_l

Where's everybody still standing with their orders?

I'm boring and haven't changed...

27752, Italian HH.

Just realised that I started this thread June last year so half a year gone fellas, it's getting closer!

First contract: Aero 16160 in russet Shinki.
Second contract: And A-2 without collar stand in seal brown: either a Dubow (now that I moved on my Platon Dubow) or an Aero 18755. Gotta make up my mind on that one.

Last edited:

Brettafett

Im currently at a Doniger in russet - this seems to have settled.
Its something different, a little eclectic and I love the sharp profile.

Followed by God knows... Still considering the RW1401, Monarch and seal Bronco or Dubow 20960

Brettafett

Off-topic, but quite possibly the most beautiful corner of the world I've ever visited... And not just only the landscapes. The people, their attitutes toward life- and what is important and what isn't. Oh, and the food and wine...
I also have to comment here. I absolutely LOVE the South of France. I used to visit often back in the day.
The coastline north to South, Lacanau and Hossegor areas... surf is fantastic! The little towns, the food, the forests...

Sideslip

I have been « avoiding » this thread to keep my mind off it as I only sent my deposit in October. I have been looking at the 39-2951 Werber, but need to look into the differences with the 33-1729 Werber @Mr. Mike mentioned.
This said, I really love how the grain is coming out of the goatskin on the M-422 I picked up from JC’s sale page and am wondering if I should actually go for one that is measured to me (I’ve been exercising so chest is a little snug). I have some time to decide and am wearing an Aero Merino Irvin as I type this to save on the heating bill!

Smithy

Now I've gone and done it...

Been thinking and I reckon for my body shape a RW probably isn't the best pick (tall, lean but quite muscular in the shoulders and upper arms) so back to the drawing board.

A Bronco would work but I already have one so maybe a Poughkeepsie isn't such a bad idea...

mulceber

What about a Dubow 20960 Tim? John's description of the fit sounds pretty close to what you're looking for:

The body pattern is quite similar to the later 27798 shape, with the torso being just a tiny bit trimmer. This pattern works best with a relatively athletic physique, though larger sizes in originals have much wider bodies from the chest down. The collar shape is quite different than later Dubows, with a larger collar that has a crescent shape, like Werber or Rough Wear.

Dubow with a Rough Wear collar? Sounds like a winning combination to me. And it's the jacket of the Doolittle Raiders to boot!

Smithy

What about a Dubow 20960 Tim? John's description of the fit sounds pretty close to what you're looking for:

Dubow with a Rough Wear collar? Sounds like a winning combination to me. And it's the jacket of the Doolittle Raiders to boot!

That could be a go Jan, I hadn't even considered that, thanks buddy!

Not the easiest for me, I'm lean - 31'' waist but much wider in the shoulders from swimming, sports and weight training.

Worst comes to worst I'll just ask John what's the best for my build and let him decide ;)

Brettafett

Tim, sounds like we are quite similar in body shape.

I've always (possibly mistakenly) thought the Poughkeepsie is a more 'fuller' comfortable pattern... Aren't they supposed to be similar to Aeros?

I'd second a look at the 20960. I almost took a punt on this one a while back. And it has since piqued my interest.
And a Bronco, although you have one... I think a Bronco from John would be a world away from an AVI (no offence AVI ;) ).
Theres also United Sheeplined and Spiewak (look similar to the Doniger me thinks)... All Bronco family

Flightengineer

I also have to comment here. I absolutely LOVE the South of France. I used to visit often back in the day.
The coastline north to South, Lacanau and Hossegor areas... surf is fantastic! The little towns, the food, the forests...

The same. It's very, very beautiful there.
Once we got stuck for 2 days while waiting for repairs in Perpignan, and while we were waiting for parts and repair, we spent two wonderful days there, rented a car and drove around the neighborhood. Especially Collioure was very nice place.

Smithy

Tim, sounds like we are quite similar in body shape.

I've always (possibly mistakenly) thought the Poughkeepsie is a more 'fuller' comfortable pattern... Aren't they supposed to be similar to Aeros?

I'd second a look at the 20960. I almost took a punt on this one a while back. And it has since piqued my interest.
And a Bronco, although you have one... I think a Bronco from John would be a world away from an AVI (no offence AVI ;) ).
Theres also United Sheeplined and Spiewak (look similar to the Doniger me thinks)... All Bronco family

Thanks Brett!

The Poughkeepsie has wide shoulders and decent width in the upper arms I believe. I weight train and those are 2 areas where I'm a packing a bit so I need room in those two places.

I do love the Bronco pattern and that's on the list as well. I'll check out those others too.

I'm also going to ask John what he thinks is best as I reckon he'll be able to tell straight away what contracts will work best for my body shape.

Brettafett

Tim, ask John about the No Name 18246

That was my very first GW and it was great, it was a mid brown seal... but was a bit short in the sleeves for me.
Point being, if I recall correctly, it had wider shoulders (but weirdly not droopy like a RW), and wider upper arms. Yet, it still have that classic square profile.

Flightengineer

Guys, this is one of the most harmful threads on the forum. I try to rarely read it, cause it may end with an order.

boys-in-front-of-a-christmas-shop-window-1947-in-montrouge-france-picture-id483294098

Seriously, it is interesting to learn the nuances and details of contracts discussed here

Lorenzo_l

I'm also going to ask John what he thinks is best as I reckon he'll be able to tell straight away what contracts will work best for my body shape.

That sounds the best way to go about it, I reckon. I am trying to settle on a couple of patterns and discuss the fit with JC based on my measurements. I am still fairly set on an Aero 16160, partly on JC's recommendations. A non-collar-stand, seal brown pattern has still to be decided on. I am looking at either an Aero 18775 or a Dubow (probably a 27798).