• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

My last A-2 (hopefully) - Good Wear

mulceber

OK, sounds like we need an update for those of us in the GW queue. Jan sounds like he's being entranced by A-1s now and others seem to be having second thoughts about what to order.

Oh, not even close. I am...the rock on the other side of Gibralter. :p Monarch all the way! :cool:

I'm just pondering second and third jackets. ;)

Sideslip

Remind me, what do you have on order, @Sideslip?
"on order" is a nervously definitive statement for me. I put two different contracts in the comments section when I paid the deposit then did not hear anything, so JC was confirming the receipt and made a few helpful comments and offered some images of one. I am not trying to be coy, I am just trying to get my own thinking on what appeals to me in a certain contract and work out the why before opening up for views from the more experienced ones here :). I might get influenced later, but just trying to deepen some knowledge first by doing some reading up (and have been quite busy recently). What I would say is that a dark russet HH is the basic tone.
Sometimes I wish that I could try on some different contracts, but figure that the way JC will make a jacket will be different from an ELC or an original, different interpretations by the creator of the same.

Sideslip

Having purchased a few jackets from JC , my unsolicited advice is, to pick a contract and then just walk away . Just forget about it . You won’t be disappointed . Guaranteed . :)
This may sound odd, but I may compile yours and a few other’s pearls of wisdom found around the forum into a booklet. I say this half in jest, half seriously!

Brettafett

Been a few weeks since I was looking at GWs, got excited all over again. Is it still over a year or more? o_O
Currently sitting at the Bronco in seal Horween
Johns 'updated' RW1401 in Italian Russet (but his 'updated' Monarch looking over its shoulder)

mulceber

Currently sitting at the Bronco in seal Horween
Johns 'updated' RW1401 in Italian Russet (but his 'updated' Monarch looking over its shoulder)

For whatever it's worth, if you're getting the Bronco, I'd go with the Rough Wear as it's companion, since, of the two of them, it's the one that's less similar to the Bronco (slim fit and square shoulders on both Monarch & Bronco). But that Monarch... o_O

P-47 thunderbolt

Well, I was watching this on ebay before it popped up on the forum, it was from a UK seller so i just had to jump on it, listed as 22" pit to pit but it is far bigger than that. So, it's on the large side for me but it is so stunning I'm gonna wear it as is - still within ww2 fit parameters

The leather although thick is THE closest to an original I've ever seen (and I've just been sifting through a few), not sure what the exact leather choice this was but it's amazing and the grain is incredible. A flat mid brown finish.

As another note the cuffs are better than eastman (goes without saying) and better than BK (much sturdier, tighter and a more durable thread). And the same as Diamond Dave ones I believe.

A few pics with indoor lighting for now.
20211129_193119.jpg
20211129_193145.jpg
20211129_193054.jpg
20211129_193031.jpg

20211129_193031.jpg

Attachments

• 20211129_193145.jpg
    20211129_193145.jpg
    3.1 MB · Views: 128