• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

My grandfathers transporter M69-F

hudsonjoe

Here’s a very nice example of the forgotten transporter. I have many slides/pictures of my grandfather with it on and I will post them as soon as I can find them.
BD4D7DD8-9881-4B20-814E-C0A800E08C07.jpeg
E32D6A3C-0D67-48FF-B215-E8D8F2084149.jpeg

Smithy

Here’s a very nice example of the forgotten transporter. I have many slides/pictures of my grandfather with it on and I will post them as soon as I can find them. View attachment 92861View attachment 92863

Awesome coat, and they've shot up in value from 10/15 years ago.

You want to hang onto that as it looks in great condition and also you seem to be a chip off the ol' block size-wise compared to gramps ;-)

warguy

Nice jacket and with the family history, like already said it is priceless. I never understood why these arent more popular in the collectors market. Real ones come up now again and are really quite affordable even in minty condition. Leaves me scratching my head as that’s a lot of goat usually by the early makers with beautiful maroon liners and honey colored mouton collars. They really have to all. Glad you have preserved it.

Smithy

Nice jacket and with the family history, like already said it is priceless. I never understood why these arent more popular in the collectors market. Real ones come up now again and are really quite affordable even in minty condition. Leaves me scratching my head as that’s a lot of goat usually by the early makers with beautiful maroon liners and honey colored mouton collars. They really have to all. Glad you have preserved it.

They last received a "bump" in interest on several boards I was on back in the day after "Flyboys" came out. Whilst they are a direct evolution of WWI flying coats they're obviously not, but some people think they're close enough so settle for them. There's quite a few USAS reenactors I've seen using them as flying coats in WWI impressions.

warguy

I could certainly understand that. With the popularity in wearing authentic jackets, I just don't know why we don't see more of these around. I watched a mint one sit on ebay a year ago at $350.00 buy it now, and it was a decent size 42. I think it finally sold but took a week or more. I just personally feel these have some great history and a fine jacket for that little money.

STEVE S.

I could certainly understand that. With the popularity in wearing authentic jackets, I just don't know why we don't see more of these around. I watched a mint one sit on ebay a year ago at $350.00 buy it now, and it was a decent size 42. I think it finally sold but took a week or more. I just personally feel these have some great history and a fine jacket for that little money.

I think one reason is they are heavy! These things weigh a ton…