• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

My first selvedge denim : Momotaro Jeans 0306-12SP

CBI

I have never gotten into selvedge denim even after owning many pairs Also never warmed up to the fuller, baggier vintage cuts but I certainly can appreciate the workmanship and the enthusiasm of denim heads. I still have one pair of Brave Stars I wear once and a while.

entertainment

I have never gotten into selvedge denim even after owning many pairs Also never warmed up to the fuller, baggier vintage cuts but I certainly can appreciate the workmanship and the enthusiasm of denim heads. I still have one pair of Brave Stars I wear once and a while.
That is my problem with the SC47: super baggie cut, even with a very tight waist. They might work if you do lots of squats. The LVC cut for the 47 was much trimmer. The LVC 505-0217 is even trimmer. (All comments relative to Made in USA version. No idea about the current LVC which does not seem so great.)

mulceber

Hi Chris
Question
One wash in 6 years?
Is there something that is done to them that lets them go that long without a wash ?
I’ve had a pair of Selvedge jeans for 6 months and I finally had to give them a soak so we could both live with each other . I’m new to this so I’m learning as I go .
thanks
Burt

I was browsing youtube this evening, Burt, and I came across a video that also has thoughts on the "how don't you stink" question. This guy's a huge geek about denim, but I find his stuff entertaining and informative

Last edited:

blackrat2

I have never done the freezer and living in the UK ..washed them in the sea
Cold water wash and drip dry when they need a wash but as has been said couple of days hung in the fresh air helps
I am down to a couple of pairs of LVC but have been disappointed by them, crotch blow, pockets going all in double quick time
With regards to the TCB 40’s jacket, that is some nice denim and starting to get some nice fading..will post a pic up in the next couple of days

Grant

Way back when Maurizio Donaldi (formerly of RRL) was overseeing LVC they really focused accurate reproductions and quality denim. IMHO, when he left that attention to detail and quality slowly eroded to where it is today, which is mostly crap. LVC was never a money maker for the Levi's brand, so I guess it was inevitable it would go the way of the dinosaur. As a result, old LVC denim (1990's-early 2000's) stuff has skyrocketed in resale value.

entertainment

BTW, looking at HPA, I see that Sugar Cane does sell a raw version of the 47. My bad. But it is sold out.

Last edited:

Holty

I had a pair of those and I wore the hell out of them! They were and still are my favourite jeans even though I can't wear them as much any more as they are all holes and repairs now!

Attachments

• B3C40F35-69EA-47F9-95C9-E2F41682D953.jpeg
    B3C40F35-69EA-47F9-95C9-E2F41682D953.jpeg
    4.1 MB · Views: 126
  • 61453826-0785-46D6-B5E8-B4786EA75957.jpeg
    61453826-0785-46D6-B5E8-B4786EA75957.jpeg
    2.8 MB · Views: 126
  • 80794256-7A4E-485B-ACE2-E36ACAB7AEE0.jpeg
    80794256-7A4E-485B-ACE2-E36ACAB7AEE0.jpeg
    4.1 MB · Views: 129

mulceber

Hey John, thanks for asking about the Ooe's. It's insane the labor love Ryo and Hiro put into creating denim as close to wartime construction as possible. Lately I've been breaking in the Warehouse unwashed S1000xx wartimes so Ooe's haven't been worn much.

BTW, here's OOe's IG feed - major eye candy for any denim head.

https://www.instagram.com/ooe_yofukuten/?hl=en

Have now added them to my denim priority list. Thanks for the recommendation. ;)

entertainment

Hey John, thanks for asking about the Ooe's. It's insane the labor love Ryo and Hiro put into creating denim as close to wartime construction as possible. Lately I've been breaking in the Warehouse unwashed S1000xx wartimes so Ooe's haven't been worn much.

BTW, here's OOe's IG feed - major eye candy for any denim head.

https://www.instagram.com/ooe_yofukuten/?hl=en
I always wanted a pair, but as I recall, buying them directly from Japan was quite complicated back in the day. They were long sold out at Standard and Strange by the time I checked.

Grant

Yeah, the owners of S&S were kind enough to hold a pair for me when they first became available in the shop. Because they weren't being sold on line, guys were flying in just to snag a pair. Crazy denim heads! They sold out in normal sizes in a day or so.
Just a heads up, the next OOe offering is a 1930's duck denim cinch back that looks pretty dope. I missed out on the pre-order, but they said they should have a few extra pairs in the shop in a couple months.

Thomas Koehle

meanwhile got the 2nd MOMOTARO - model is T024071

bought the 2nd one as a "spare" - pics show both panzs in new and after bout 1.5 years of wear

fQYRDqT.jpg

9UFZr40.jpg

There is also an "anniversary" model out there - legs are pretty "baggy" - silver stichting inside and golden lable

Last edited: