• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

My first Original (a notorious one at that)

B-Man2

From what I’ve read about them , they were heavy and cumbersome and they weren’t easy to fly. Jimmy Stewart flew one during WWII.

Edward

B-24s were ugly ducklings on the ground but looked really cool in the air. Ya I read it took some extra muscle to fly the thing. Roomier than a B-17 though but smellier. Fumes and oil. My brother was in the army and said you always chose the leaking helicopter because you at least knew it had oil in it! Lol!

Edward

Khaki Bancroft Flighter Crusher arrived today and at the same time a package from Clark J helped polish it off with the proper propeller/wings collar pin!

IMG_6476.JPG
IMG_6477.JPG

taikonaut

I have a Spiewak & Son like this with original cuffs and waist knits but missing the label. ATC patch and name tag I think its a size 40 maybe a 42. I was able to trace the pilot who died just 5 years ago aged 96 but the jacket was not in his possession for several decades.

Edward

Congratulations!
No offense, why does the Crown Zipper look like a ELC Repro?
It’s the original zipper . Verdigris All over it. I did some minor cleanup and applied renaissance wax. Some of The reverse side of the heads had USA and others did not. I believe three versions were made during wartime.

Last edited:

Edward

Congratulations!
No offense, why does the Crown Zipper look like a ELC Repro?
From what I understand (and this was from silver surfers post); “...the wwll period three models of crown chevron zippers were made. the first was a chrome plate puller and teeth [gimped] with the puller head being flat, and the head not as pointy as the next two models.. the second was also chrome plated with the puller having the ridged head and pointier then the first as seen in the pix above [the most common type]. the third model was designed the same as the second, except that the teeth and stopper were made of zinc and puller zinc plated.”

taikonaut

The Crown zipper on mine look remarkably new and retains the spring too, objectively people might mistaken it as a ELC repro.