• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

My first flight jacket ( how i got the bug )

busdrivermike

This was my first purchased with my own money jacket
It’s a hein gerike jacket nearly identical in style to my current
Schott 184 except color of course, got it from the Harley shop
In Regina Saskatchewan in the 80s when I still had hair :D
Civilian ANJ3 style , removable collar and liner , flying tigers
Patch front with blood chit on the back , Iwas a big fan of the show
Tales of the gold monkey still have the blood chit
Brass Canada pins on the lapels and red maple leaf on the collar
The bikes a 1986 Suzuki dr 600 Paris to Dakar replica also my first new
Motorcycle.
the jacket and bike did a ton of adventurous Kilometers 89,000, rain and mud
Lots of off road spills trips into the states for the sturgis motorcycle rally
Through the mountains of Alberta and British Columbia
Once on a trip on July 15 through the ice fields with a girlfriend who was riding her
Yamaha 650 maxim the temps dropped to 3c and we got stuck in a blizzard, stopped in a campground
The girlfriend Said we should zip the sleeping bags together to stay warm but the zips didn’t fit , but as my dad
Said every man should have a pocket knife I used the file on my Swiss Army knife to
File the zippers to fit :p
The pumpkin orange car is mine also a Ford maverick from the 70s
56A636B7-8D8F-45EB-A5C0-6F210D3651C2.jpeg
DB230DA7-465A-42CB-AECE-1F316AAC5FD6.jpeg

Last edited:

YoungMedic

I found this the other day while looking for other pictures. This was my first flight jacket, probably came from the NAS Jax Exchange, had the bright orange interior, had some local squadrons patched on the back at one point. This picture was taken around 1995 or 96 at the Air Show in October, My mom was assigned in the ATC building at the time so I got onto the flight line most years. Sleeves up as even in late Oct its 80 plus degrees.

IMG_8662.jpg

B-Man2

I found this the other day while looking for other pictures. This was my first flight jacket, probably came from the NAS Jax Exchange, had the bright orange interior, had some local squadrons patched on the back at one point. This picture was taken around 1995 or 96 at the Air Show in October, My mom was assigned in the ATC building at the time so I got onto the flight line most years. Sleeves up as even in late Oct its 80 plus degrees.

View attachment 64705
Nice photo ! I bet that one brings back some good memories .