• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

My first ELC A2

Carl

My good lady has bought me an ELC A2 from the evil that is ebay ,ive looked on the ELC website for the same jacket and cannot find the any A2 with the same label ?
Could anyone help in determining its age at all please ??
The order number on the label reads ,
42-058361

TIA
Carl

Steve27752

My good lady has bought me an ELC A2 from the evil that is ebay ,ive looked on the ELC website for the same jacket and cannot find the any A2 with the same label ?
Could anyone help in determining its age at all please ??
The order number on the label reads ,
42-058361

TIA
Carl
Carl, give ELC a call and they will let you know.

johnwayne

Any lady buying an A2 for their man has to be a keeper!! As Steve says, ELC would be worth contacting and pics here might help but as importantly, are you pleased/ happy and how's the fit? Is it your first A2? I recall getting my first A2 when ELC only did one generic (house) style rather than the several original maker style options they now offer and how good it felt opening that box and putting it on, then wearing out for the first time. I've still got to this day. Enjoy!!

Carl

Yes very pleased with it, albeit it seems a little long in the sleeves ? It is labelled a 40 ( my size) its had no use whatsoever that i can see. So it still needs to be "lived in"
I have a Lost Worlds Dubow as well but im not keen on the texture of the hide of that one .
C

Steve27752

Yes very pleased with it, albeit it seems a little long in the sleeves ? It is labelled a 40 ( my size) its had no use whatsoever that i can see. So it still needs to be "lived in"
I have a Lost Worlds Dubow as well but im not keen on the texture of the hide of that one .
C
Carl, could you post pics?

Carl

Pics as asked for of the HOUSE ELC
20180423_184212.jpg
20180423_184300.jpg

20180423_184320.jpg
20180423_184452.jpg

Carl

Lost Worlds (?)Dubow , this was from my late uncles estate , sadly this is too large for me really .
As can be seen someone at sometime has tried to ersae the 42 on the tag and sewn a size label underneath .
20180423_183837.jpg

20180423_183851.jpg
20180423_183910.jpg

Carl

Thankyou Steve , yes i must admit the grain on the ELC is what drew us to it , ok its a second hand jacket , but for 350 posted its less than half price of a brand spanker now ! I doubt now if ill ever be able to afford a new one .

Silver Surfer

yup, early elc house. its easy to say by way of the 60s brass zippers that elc used in the later 80s. also, by way of the nice natural grained hh elc used before they went to the all smooth hh, and then to the oil pull"war horse" hh that they now use. looks like a keeper, carl.

Carl

Thanks Silver Surfer for that info ! It doesnt look bad for 20+ years old then ? !!! :eek:

Grant

Beautiful early steerhide Eastman! I recall Gary saying he hand wrote the number of the jacket in the lining of his early jackets.