• Hey guys, I had to upgrade the VLJ software because the old one is being phased out. Please let me know of any issues in the SITE UPDATE THREAD. Thanks!

My first ELC A2

johnwayne

Very good buy I'd say, nowhere near as cheap as it was when made but amazing condition! Dubow's nice too!!

Carl

The Dubow is sadly too big for me .
When ive earnt enough "privilege" to post in the sell/want section, i will make it available .
What price were these ELC jackets when new ?
I was looking through the Golden Age book and didnt notice it in there ??

johnwayne

ELC house A2 back in late 80's/early 90's approx £135! Don't think you'll have too much trouble selling the Dubow when you do, as to price to let it go for then members here tend not to like valuing a jacket for sale but perhaps go through old posts as a guide vs what you'd be happy to get for it - it's a popular size too.

Carl

Just over a year later , and im still not "feeling it " with this A2 , maybe should have waited for a 38 ?

jeremiah

Carl,
Have you worn it much? My size 40 ELC monarch didn’t fit me that well at first. I just wore anyway. I beat the tar out of it by wearing in all types of weather. It does fit me very well now. Only thing I don’t like about it are the wrist knits. Apparently this is a trait of a lot of ELC A2s though.

Carl

Carl,
Have you worn it much? My size 40 ELC monarch didn’t fit me that well at first. I just wore anyway. I beat the tar out of it by wearing in all types of weather. It does fit me very well now. Only thing I don’t like about it are the wrist knits. Apparently this is a trait of a lot of ELC A2s though.
Probably not as much as i would have liked too to be honest . Because of the fit ive teneded to shy away from it and stick with the cloth jackets

Carl

Bit of a Catch 22 on my part to be honest .
Ive just been on the ELC site to check the size charts etc and its supposed to be the correct size . Maybe i just need to get it wet a bit and get it formed to my body shape ?

Edward

Bit of a Catch 22 on my part to be honest .
Ive just been on the ELC site to check the size charts etc and its supposed to be the correct size . Maybe i just need to get it wet a bit and get it formed to my body shape ?
when I first got my ELC Star (size 42) I was a little concerned. seemed tight. tight across my shoulders and short on the arms... I felt maybe I needed a 44. I knew it needed a break in period so I wore it inside (was august so too hot outside.). once the cooler season started I wore it to work almost every day doing deliveries and it didn't take long for it to relax and stretch out a tad... now it seems quite roomy. fits me well and is comfortable. I think the ELC horsehides need a lot of meat tenderizer lol! don't just wear it. do something in it to work it and flex it.

jeremiah

I think Carl’s jacket was a tad roomy?
Anyway. Yes I have found the ELC warhorse leather does conform really well and will shrink up a bit as will the threads.
Think of a leather work glove that fits better the more you use it.

Carl, if you are going to keep it, doing a “light” HWT might get it to where you want it.
Heavy emphasis on “light”. The goal would not be making it look like a WW2 original so much as training the leather to get to where you like wearing it.

Edward

I think Carl’s jacket was a tad roomy?
Anyway. Yes I have found the ELC warhorse leather does conform really well and will shrink up a bit as will the threads.
Think of a leather work glove that fits better the more you use it.
oh sorry lol! I misread. well, roomy is a good thing ain't it? hell I'd take roomy over tight.

Carl

Did i read correctly somewhere on here that getting it wet would help break it in ?? or is that a complete and utter no no !!