• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

My first A2

Holty

@Holty , I already have 2 people interested, if they don't buy it I'll let you know. I'm quite sure it would be a great fit for you, and even if someone else buys it I'd recommend Platon's Dubow to you. They cost half of a BK and just as good. Unfortunately the waiting times are quite similar too. Check the forums to see if you prefer seal (mine) or russet.

Looks like I missed out. Congratulation to @Flightengineer! While you're there Greg, how do I post on the thread where you have the jacket listed?

Brettafett

Holty, can you access this post?

It may be because you're a relatively new member and dont yet have access the the Buy/Sell section...

Back to the first A-2 topic, may be worth dropping Platon an email over at JaDubowMfg

Check and see if they are resuming orders... The jackets are essentially the same as you'd get from Bill Kelso. Same original patterns, same hardware, only the leather is very slightly different.
Main difference between BK and JaDubow (Platon), Platon only offers the one contract, Dubow 27798 in russet or seal, only regular sizes, no returns etc...
This jacket is hands down the best value original maker high end horsehide A-2 on the market.

BK's Dubow 27798 is essentially the same jacket, but as you're aware... BK offers a number of other contracts also, lots of material options, and will also add length if need be.
With BK you're paying more for choices, options and customisations...

Holty

Hello Brettafett, yes I can see the post and the full thread but just can't see any obvious way to reply to it or post there. As you say; maybe as I am a fairly new member. Anyway, back to the task at hand ha ha.
Thanks for the info regarding Platon. I will be giving the Dubow much consideration now.

Holty

Hello again,
A couple of days ago one of you messaged me privately but now I can't find the message. This is why I haven't gotten back to you! If you could message me again that would be great.
Also, while I'm here I'd just like to thank everybody for their contribution to my post. It really has been helpful and I feel much better about ordering. Cheers.

Holty

Hello Everybody,

So, I have decided on a BK Aero 16160. I have emailed Andy with my request and we have almost decided on the size. Andy reckons a size 40 should work for me as the Aero runs larger than all the other contracts and is more like a 42. He recommended to add 0.5" to the shoulders.

He also said an Aero size 40 it will be possible to get a sweatshirt underneath, but without the sweatshirt it may look baggy. I don't really want it to look baggy.

Andy mentioned that he is also a 40 chest but the 38 fits him better.

It was mentioned here that a 42 would be right for me and when Andy said the BK Aero 40 fits like a 42 that seemed to add up. Until the bit about being able to fit a sweatshirt underneath but without one it might be a bit baggy. And the bit about him being a 40 chest but the 38 fits him better!

I'm almost there. I know the jacket (s!) that I want but just need to iron out the sizing.

The photo below is how I would like my jacket to fit.

Grateful for any more input.

Attachments

• Screenshot 2021-01-31 at 18.50.57.png
    Screenshot 2021-01-31 at 18.50.57.png
    4.9 MB · Views: 273

mulceber

Looking at the measurements that Andy gave me a long time ago, yes, I agree with him. If you have a 40 inch chest and are 5'8", a size 40 is the way to go. The extra half inch in the shoulders sounds good, since it looks from your photos like your shoulders are on the broader side. I think you'll be happy with those measurements.

Dimitry M

@Holty
Hello Everybody,

So, I have decided on a BK Aero 16160. I have emailed Andy with my request and we have almost decided on the size. Andy reckons a size 40 should work for me as the Aero runs larger than all the other contracts and is more like a 42. He recommended to add 0.5" to the shoulders.

He also said an Aero size 40 it will be possible to get a sweatshirt underneath, but without the sweatshirt it may look baggy. I don't really want it to look baggy.

Andy mentioned that he is also a 40 chest but the 38 fits him better.

It was mentioned here that a 42 would be right for me and when Andy said the BK Aero 40 fits like a 42 that seemed to add up. Until the bit about being able to fit a sweatshirt underneath but without one it might be a bit baggy. And the bit about him being a 40 chest but the 38 fits him better!

I'm almost there. I know the jacket (s!) that I want but just need to iron out the sizing.

The photo below is how I would like my jacket to fit.

Grateful for any more input.
that fit looks a lot like how mine fits. I'm a 36 but because I thought I'm gona grow I got a 38.It does feel and look a bit large but that's just me. Don't take my word for sizing I'm relatively new here. I would thrust the knowledge of people here with my life. They will get you that perfect jacket. and you wont end up looking like this. Which is how i feel in mine sometimes lol
2830-1532336916.jpg

Brettafett

Then I'd also say a 40 with 18" shoulders, sounds about right.
I would not worry about 'baggy' talk. The more you wear the jacket, the more it will 'mould' to your form and the better it will fit.
Definitely don't suggest a 38...

Holty

@Holty

that fit looks a lot like how mine fits. I'm a 36 but because I thought I'm gona grow I got a 38.It does feel and look a bit large but that's just me. Don't take my word for sizing I'm relatively new here. I would thrust the knowledge of people here with my life. They will get you that perfect jacket. and you wont end up looking like this. Which is how i feel in mine sometimes lol
2830-1532336916.jpg
Ha ha yeah, want to avoid looking like Marty!

Holty

Looking at the measurements that Andy gave me a long time ago, yes, I agree with him. If you have a 40 inch chest and are 5'8", a size 40 is the way to go. The extra half inch in the shoulders sounds good, since it looks from your photos like your shoulders are on the broader side. I think you'll be happy with those measurements.
Thank you. I think this is what I'll go for.