• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

My First A-2 Jacket - Aero Bronco in Seal Jerky HH and Rust Knits

lipmann01

Hello Everyone!

It's my first post on VLJ. I finally took the courage to post due to some cabin fever. I was looking through my iPhone album and found some photos worth posting.

Here is my first quality A-2 - An Aero Bronco in Seal Jerky HH and Rust Knits. It was a college graduation gift for myself. Being a silent reader for a couple of years, I must say I have learnt so much from this forum. I knew rust knits only (?) happened in the Aero contracts of A-2s but I always found the color combination interesting.
Being a slender guy I also preferred the trimmer / more complimentary fit of the Bronco. So there you have it! My own interpretation of an ideal A-2.

Here are some pictures taken at Central Park in the fall. I missed the days being outside...

IMG_3776.jpg

IMG_3800.JPG

IMG_3865.JPG

IMG_3774.JPG
IMG_3765.JPG

T-Shirt: Taylor Stitch The Heavy Bag
Down Liner Jacket: Beams Japan
Jeans: Levis 511 Selvedge Eternal Day
Boots: Red Wing 9105
Bag: Porter Yoshida & Co Camera Bag

Thank you so much for looking :)

lipmann01

Nice looking jacket! Did you make any alterations to their standard cut (added length etc)?

Thank you! No it is the standard cut. I wear a size 38 but I think the Bronco runs smaller than the other contracts Aero of Scotland offers. The sleeves are a tad short and I can only put a light sweater underneath it. Sweatshirts and warm up jackets are a stretch.

Nickb123

In real life it looks more brown than black as in the photos, like 80% dark chocolate? The knits are matte brick red instead of the sharp red in the photos.

Agreed. It seems like dark seals and "redness" are much more pronounced in photos or heavy light for some reason. In person, the knits are rarely ever very red. More an actual rust color with red-browns rather than pure red being visible.

lipmann01

Agreed. It seems like dark seals and "redness" are much more pronounced in photos or heavy light for some reason. In person, the knits are rarely ever very red. More an actual rust color with red-browns rather than pure red being visible.

Hey Nick, reckoned you’re also a proud owner of an Aero A2 with their rust knits. Would you care to post some pictures of your jacket?