• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

My ELC B-10

Chris217

Here's my ELC B-10 after about 3 years of wear.
JaciesBirthday021.jpg

JaciesBirthday022.jpg

JaciesBirthday024.jpg

Nice.

Did the shoulder decal age naturally, or did you do something to age it, and if so, what? It looks great.

stubbyeighth

dujardin

nice one, maybe a size too small (just my opinion)
have you a photo or two of the inside ?
but still a splendid jacket and also enjoying the aged look of the decal.

many thanks byyyyyyyyyyyyyyyeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee marcel

Chris217

I had the jacket dry cleaned about 2 years ago, after my then infant son threw up all over it while I was holding him! :eek:

It actually made the jacket and shoulder decal look 60 years old! Kinda glad I had it dry cleaned. I also replaced the Talon slider with an original round hole Talon slider as seen on originals.

Marcel, it is a close fit, but still comfortable to wear! I'll try to get some pics of the alpaca lining for you.

Chris

greyhound52

Looks like some of the originals I have been able to see. Yeah the dry cleaning is pretty harsh on jackets but in this case it added to the character.

Doug C

Marcel, it is a close fit, but still comfortable to wear!

I don't know, in alot of the old pictures I see of guys wearing these they seem snugger than yours does, I'd say if anything an extra inch or so in the torso but other than that it looks great to me. BTW, I agree with everyone regarding the aged insignia - it's understated look is nice.

Doug C

Peter Graham

It definately looks the part. The fading to the decal and the shell make it look very authentic. Compare the colour to my original Stagg. It's spot on, and I think the fit is perfect.
jackets004-4.jpg

deeb7

Gone, but not forgotten.
Peter Graham said:
It's spot on, and I think the fit is perfect.

And it looks perfect to me ... thanks for the pictures, Chris.

Sorry, Marcel ... you are out on a limb. :lol:

zoomer

Remember the Super Authentic WW2 Military Fit Principle:
No jacket is ever too small. The wearer is just too fat.

There used to be a corollary, "a jacket can be too big," but this has been deprecated as more WW2 aircrew pix have become available.

dujardin

zoomer said:
Remember the Super Authentic WW2 Military Fit Principle:
No jacket is ever too small. The wearer is just too fat.

There used to be a corollary, "a jacket can be too big," but this has been deprecated as more WW2 aircrew pix have become available.

hello Zoomer, you're a gentleman diplomat
;)

byeeeeeeeee marcel

better duck

Peter Graham said:
Compare the colour to my original Stagg.
jackets004-4.jpg

Pete,
What's with the size of the pockets on your Stagg? I know you are a small guy, so is the pocket size the same regardless of jacket size, and are you wearing a 38, or are these relatively huge pockets typical of Stagg B10s?

Peter Graham

Peter, it appears that the pockets on Stagg B-10's are the same size regardless of the size of the jacket. Mine is a 36. Heaven knows what they would look like on a 34 ! I like the big pockets though, useful for all the stuff we carry around nowdays.