• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

My AAF Collection

dmar836

New to the forum and love what I've seen already. I've been collecting USAAF off and on for about 15 yrs. I rotate between this and other hobbies for funding reasons - so it comes in spurts.
You might say we need to organize this spare bedroom! Here's a peek.

IMG_6034.jpg

IMG_6019.jpg

IMG_6024.jpg

IMG_6032.jpg

IMG_6029.jpg

Dave
Kansas City, USA

dmar836

Thanks guys. A sickness it is! Now I guess I need to buck up and purchase a nice repro to wear.
Dave
Kansas City, USA

bobbyball

Fabulous collection! I would love a room to put all my stuff – it is hidden all around the house and in the loft. My wife is very accomodating (no jokes please!) but just does not getting my fascination with old stuff.

Had a breakthrough of sorts when I wore my original A-2 at the weekend and she said I looked great in it. Was it Ralph Lauren she asked – not quite I replied :lol:

bombs away

Hello Dave,
What a fantastic collection you own there !

Congratulations and thank you for sharing.

Other pics ?

Tim

dmar836

I'll post a few detailed shots later this week.
Tim, I am humbled by your photos - exactly the collection I would dream of having. Now, I'm ashamed I posted pics.
I fear I entered the game too late for such a collection..... or work too little! I hope you are able to share the collection with others.
Thanks for the link!
Dave
Kansas City, USA

dujardin

hellooooooooooooo

and welcome

wowwwwwww
what a splendid collection

impatient to see other photos

again welcome

marcel

dmar836

Couple more pics:

IMG_6072-1.jpg

English made crusher worn by intell. officer of the 394th. 2 1/2 yrs of salty wear!

IMG_6084-1.jpg

D-1 sunglasses. Less common than the AN6531 glasses.

IMG_6081-1.jpg

Nearly unworn B-2 with AN6531 sunglasses. I only posted this as there have been several B-2s sold on Ebay lately.
About half have not been period pieces. Old sheepskin but with no tags and synthetic looking bills? Had one once and it just wasn't right. Movie props maybe? Just FYI.

IMG_6073-1.jpg

Juliet straps. I managed to find all variants of the A-10. This original version, the field modified version(A-10 "converted"), and the A-10 "revised". Then came the A-10A.

Dave
Kansas City

dmar836

IMG_6079-1.jpg

One of the only groupings obtained directly from the family. He served as a trainer of glider pilots towards the end of the war.

IMG_6075.jpg

Bullion wings on blue felt. All English patches. Period-modified from a service coat to an "Ike".

Dave
Kansas City, USA

dujardin

splendid jacket, equipments aso aso....
keep sending photos, i think that more than one of us enjoy your collection

byeee marcel

TankBuster

Nice items Dave! You're right, the D-1 glasses are tough to find. Yours are really nice! Great bullion pilot wings on that Ike jacket!

dmar836

IMG_6080-1.jpg

No history on this one. The left shoulder has a well bedded English AAF patch. That 8th patch, although English, doesn't look like it was on there long(or done very well). That's the only part of this coat I have issues with.
These types of coats are likely "assembled" more than not anymore. I have a hard time putting any money down on one anymore without a good amount of provenance.

IMG_6086.jpg

Grouping with Bancroft "Flighter" cap. 8th AAF on right shoulder. Gave a repro jump jacket/pants for the set with B4 bag back in '96 or so. P.O. had his low quarter shoes too but never got back to him and couldn't even find him now.

IMG_6071-1.jpg

For some reason, I really like this A-8. It's wired and named in two places.

Dave
Kansas City, USA

bombs away

Hello,

Dave, keep posting, that's very interesting.

Just a question about the grouping with the Bancroft cap, there is a 14th AF patch on the left shoulder of the jacket, the pilot has also been in the 8th ? That could have happened, but a little strange as there is no PTO ribbon but only the ETO one.

Very nice collection you have there, mine is not better I'm sure about that (I like the way you displayed all types of flight trousers for example). :shock:
And how lucky you are to have such room to display.

Tim.