• Hey guys, I had to upgrade the VLJ software because the old one is being phased out. Please let me know of any issues in the SITE UPDATE THREAD. Thanks!

My 2018 originals acquisition

Pilot

Nice Collection.. always admire all the things you have and show... If I may ask, are you going to repair the arm on the A-2? Just bought a WW2 Cooper A-2 in great condition except a Little issue on the knitting...repair or not...?

Geeboo

Yes - in the progress. WW2 Cooper A-2 ?????????????????? -> PHOTO pls:)
If I were you, yes. Partly because I wear all my vintage stuff & am not going to sell it, so re-sell value is not a consideration to me. While something cannot be changed such as front length, I always alter the sleeves length to my exact fitting; I am more to the fashion side - not reenactment side though.
At this point in time, proper restoration to me means to extend the Life of these historical pieces using best possible materials & method.

Last edited:

Pilot

Yes - in the progress. WW2 Cooper A-2 ?????????????????? -> PHOTO pls:)
If I were you, yes. Partly because I wear all my vintage stuff & am not going to sell it, so re-sell value is not a consideration to me.
At this point in time, proper restoration to me means to extend the Life of these historical pieces using best possible materials & method.
Thx, OK will do, but cannot wear it..too small a 40" only (pit-pit 21" only)...Posting photos of ...my jackets..sorry with all due respect,... maybe I will... later.... admire you for that.

Pilot

Where U bought it ?
Same place where I buy most of my " WW2 Americania stuff"...Osaka.
Got a lot of spares Conmar/Talon Zippers,(brass and others also blackened etc) knits Alpaga, OD fabric, mutton fur etc as well...good for restauring others.

Pilot

Can show them to you in due time, but maybe I need them sooner or later...besides, not sure what to ask for it, since a very imposssible find and I bought them in a bundle... some of them need to be shortened if used for a jacket.
If I put my expenses in the balance they might become a bit dear...No offence sorry.

Last edited: