• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

My 2018 originals acquisition

Geeboo

The A2 is Cable Raincoat. The 1st one is 55-J-14 - Star Sportswear
1.jpg
2.jpg
3.jpg
4.jpg
5.jpg
6.jpg
7.jpg
8.jpg

Pilot

Nice Collection.. always admire all the things you have and show... If I may ask, are you going to repair the arm on the A-2? Just bought a WW2 Cooper A-2 in great condition except a Little issue on the knitting...repair or not...?

Geeboo

Yes - in the progress. WW2 Cooper A-2 ?????????????????? -> PHOTO pls:)
If I were you, yes. Partly because I wear all my vintage stuff & am not going to sell it, so re-sell value is not a consideration to me. While something cannot be changed such as front length, I always alter the sleeves length to my exact fitting; I am more to the fashion side - not reenactment side though.
At this point in time, proper restoration to me means to extend the Life of these historical pieces using best possible materials & method.

Last edited:

Pilot

Yes - in the progress. WW2 Cooper A-2 ?????????????????? -> PHOTO pls:)
If I were you, yes. Partly because I wear all my vintage stuff & am not going to sell it, so re-sell value is not a consideration to me.
At this point in time, proper restoration to me means to extend the Life of these historical pieces using best possible materials & method.
Thx, OK will do, but cannot wear it..too small a 40" only (pit-pit 21" only)...Posting photos of ...my jackets..sorry with all due respect,... maybe I will... later.... admire you for that.

Pilot

Where U bought it ?
Same place where I buy most of my " WW2 Americania stuff"...Osaka.
Got a lot of spares Conmar/Talon Zippers,(brass and others also blackened etc) knits Alpaga, OD fabric, mutton fur etc as well...good for restauring others.

Pilot

Can show them to you in due time, but maybe I need them sooner or later...besides, not sure what to ask for it, since a very imposssible find and I bought them in a bundle... some of them need to be shortened if used for a jacket.
If I put my expenses in the balance they might become a bit dear...No offence sorry.

Last edited: