• Hey guys, I had to upgrade the VLJ software because the old one is being phased out. Please let me know of any issues in the SITE UPDATE THREAD. Thanks!

My 1998 Eastman 27752 sz 48+ !

Clark J

Got this off Greedbay listed as a 48 but it was a 50 all day long ! It also was factory patched which they glued on . Well sent it down to Steve S in NC just to see what he could do . I wanted the Aero look so I picked up the red knits and let him do it to it . I think it turned out great , fits perfect. Love the longer sleeves so they get that piling look like so many gems did . Pockets are to far back but that’s ok. The removal of the patches took a little top coat off but SS fixed that too . Let me know what you think !! Clark.
oh and my gut isn’t that big !!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Pilot

Nice, enjoy it... Steve is an artist...If you want it a bit more snug, just give it a HWT and wear it whilst the final drying time.
Will get a vintage and patina creased look.
Wear it in good health....Love the RW 27752...just restauring a WW2 original .

Last edited:

Bombing IP

Looks comfortable Clark with room in the top half ,that my main problems with A2 jackets top half restriction .

BIP

Clark J

Steve is a craftsman truely ! Question for you old timers ,,didn't we talk at length on some of Eastmans hides being kind of spongy ? I have ran this thing through the dryer with soaking wet bath towels until they are dry with old jean mixed in and I can't getany grain to pop ? Any ideas ??

B-Man2

Steve is a craftsman truely ! Question for you old timers ,,didn't we talk at length on some of Eastmans hides being kind of spongy ? I have ran this thing through the dryer with soaking wet bath towels until they are dry with old jean mixed in and I can't getany grain to pop ? Any ideas ??
Wear the hell out of it particularly in some good down pours. It will eventually start to pop. Interesting that you posted this. I just picked up a ELC Werber 1729 used condition in the Warhorse hide. Years ago I had sold my Werber and I always regretted it. I was pleasantly surprised to find that this Werber has loads of grain where the older model was flat as a pancake .Nothing , nada no graining . It looked like it was made from belt leather.( no offense Jeremiah;)) I think it was just the horse hide that was available in those days before all of the new tanning techniques.

Pilot

The grainy ELC hides...were only a handful batches...mainly after midd approx 2012 and up to 2017 if I am not mistaken... surely a tannery change happen in approx. 2017 ( Others may give more precise info) ...Ex- stock jacket not included...What I saw recently from the Korea ELC Agent...yes all smooth like a water glass.

Last edited:

jeremiah

Love it.
Here is the grain on my ELC monarch
795FBDC4-87FE-49AC-8499-954FA2DA1A88.jpeg

And speaking of belt leather. Burt you need to break those belts in. Ha.
Here is one of mine.
087C8DCF-B8A8-4A5B-AAE6-BD727EC220DB.jpeg