• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

" Murder inc. "

Griffon_301

That's mostly the very interesting story of the guy wearing the jacket...
The bad thing is the propaganda, the Germans pulled out of capturing the crew and the jacket...

My great aunt spoke of the "American Luftgangsters who had even painted Murder on their uniform" when I asked her once how it was to live in a city that was bombed heavily towards the end of the war (Vienna) and she could not forget how those "gangsters" killed her two best friends who died in a air raid shelter when they suffocated inside...

It seems a lot of propaganda value was gained by the Germans from that episode and it certainly contributed to the mindset in many civilians who contributed to or even acted actively in lynching many captured allied flyers...

Grant

Yeah, Kenneth Williams mentions that in his written account. We've all seen his original painted Rough Wear 23380 with Murder Inc. re-painted on the back in Suit Up, never on a B-3.

Griffon_301

It is a beautiful jacket and my original reply was in no way intended to be negative about the jacket...the story behind the original "Murder Inc." Just is a rather tragic one and a reminder of what we owe to the war generation...and as such, your jacket is indeed a fine tribute...lest we forget - or so they say

CBI

excellent artwork and yes, interesting story about the Murder Inc aircraft/aircrew and jacket. This is not a critic of the jacket but there is no way I would feel comfortable wearing "Murder Inc'" in public. Be ready for some non-flattering looks and a rough comment of two. I know, some will chime in and say, who cares, wear what you like...which IS true but just say'n

ausreenactor

excellent artwork and yes, interesting story about the Murder Inc aircraft/aircrew and jacket. This is not a critic of the jacket but there is no way I would feel comfortable wearing "Murder Inc'" in public. Be ready for some non-flattering looks and a rough comment of two. I know, some will chime in and say, who cares, wear what you like...which IS true but just say'n

Thought about wearing my A-2 after the Iraq strikes on a cold day here. I guess our lefties would be more vocal here than in the US; however, I know how to handle those who take their freedom for granted.

John Lever

In the meantime I asked John for his opinion. He may be able to tell us if the early jackets B-3 Eastman were equipped with a Riri zipper ...
Not a very early jacket IMO. By early I mean pre 1995.
Riri zips are expensive, more so than a repro Talon I think. Nicely aged but not my cup of tea.

John Lever

I have asked many times about subcontracting for other labels and Gary has always denied it. Derek at Lewis Leathers has an Aviation RAF Irvin made by ELC. I have handled it personally.
I suspect this might be a jacket made for Quality Mending in NYC

Heisenberg

An example label for an ANJ-4 :