• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

" Murder inc. "

Heisenberg

Josh´s flight jacket sells his collection , I bought today the Eastman B-3 ( size 46 ) " Murder inc. "
:

Pilot

Nice jacket, great work, but Is it for sure an Eastman?
If so I would send it to them for a zip change. The RiRi kills it all, IMHO.

Heisenberg

Yes , this jacket is an Eastman . Josh decided to "front mod" the inner label because it wasn´t so accurate to the original ones :

Pilot

OK, thanks.
IMHO two options
1) send it to Eastman and have it fixed
2) buy a Mash Talon zipper and ask a good leather/fleece tailor or seamstress to do the job.
All others are just “ Gepfusch” “ Bidouillage” ( sloppy), so not very nice for such a great jacket...again my 1cent input .

Heisenberg

OK, thanks.
IMHO two options
1) send it to Eastman and have it fixed
2) buy a Mash Talon zipper and ask a good leather/fleece tailor or seamstress to do the job.
All others are just “ Gepfusch” “ Bidouillage” ( sloppy), so not very nice for such a great jacket...again my 1cent input .

Brice ,is it possible to simply change the cursor ? the zipper was not totally " bidouillée "

Pilot

Thx for the buttering up...:)
I would not even think about it... as already mentioned...
Even if the puller/ cursor is a Talon, the rest is not as it should be... and plastic ( yak! for me).
Its like buying a Ferrari and asking whether its possible to put 2CV tyres on it to save a bit of money.... sorry...
Besides, I doubt that a plastic RiRi and a Talon have the same dimensions...so no it would not fit.

MikeyB-17

Are the teeth plastic? If so, that’s not great. Riri’s are lovely, very high quality zips, but a plastic zip don’t belong on a B-3-at least, not around here, although your average man in the street-who thinks Riri is a nickname for Rihanna-would doubtless not give two hoots. They do look similar to the metal teeth on 50’s/60’s Crowns from nylon jackets, but would a wartime style puller work with teeth like that? Depends how concerned we are about authenticity here, but I think most of us would get shot of the Riri and replace it with a Talon or similar.