• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Mouton - Where to buy?

a2jacketpatches

I bought a ladies mouton coat once and got 5 G-1 collars out of it. Old fur coats are hit or miss as far as perfection with depth and color on Ebay but they are cheap. Thrift stores usually have the long coats and you can inspect it first hand.

dmar836

White "finished" sheepskin is not nearly as common as the black finished skin. I have found remnants of shearling before but not pieces large enough to make a collar. Typically, if it's white, it doesn't have the silky look of the finished black. Actually, I don't think I've ever seen it finished in white.
JMO,
Dave

Monsoon

Dmar836: I agree. I've found some websites that sell mouton, but haven't found anything white yet.

a2jacketpatches: I'll try the thrift store and see if they have anything that they are going to get rid of.

deeb7

Gone, but not forgotten.
fishmeok said:
Try these guys ... They have white and sell it by the hide.

That looks the business, Mark ... fortunately I'm already good to go. :)

BR-LSL-B10-b.jpg

fishmeok

I bought one of their "cinnamon" mouton hides, decent enough but not the brown orange it looked in the pic. My only concern is that it might be too white- bleached out.

Cheers
Mark