• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Most accurate Irvin

B-Man2

I’ll be happy to offer my opinion, but others may disagree. I would say that currently the most accurate repro Irvin available would be those from Eastman Leather Company .
Cheers

John Lever

Cockpit Southampton is my favourite if you can find one. Gary Eastman used to sell them before they started manufacturing their own.
Great pattern with the correct very long arms, some are very stiff but not all are. Notice the nice round collar.
dadspictures002.jpg
dadspictures001.jpg

mulceber

Cockpit Southampton is my favourite if you can find one. Gary Eastman used to sell them before they started manufacturing their own.
Great pattern with the correct very long arms, some are very stiff but not all are. Notice the nice round collar.

John, is there anyone else who sells those now?

petermack09

As a non expert, can I ask why aviation leathercraft gets 0 mentions
I know they have pockets but also produce them without pockets
They were my first foray into sheepskin jackets 30 years ago
View attachment 48876
Wearing mine tonight,,might not be accurate,but it’s as well stitched together as any aero.Eastman,lost worlds etc & I own jackets from them all.& it’s the one I head for 1st when the temps go below zero.

dinomartino1

As a non expert, can I ask why aviation leathercraft gets 0 mentions
I know they have pockets but also produce them without pockets
They were my first foray into sheepskin jackets 30 years ago

Aviation leatherctaft [ I have not seen one since 1983] where well made just lacking in accuracy compared to others.
No idea what they are like now though.

Micawber

Oh I think I might treat myself to another Irvin, after all it is coming up to Christmas right.

Let me see, excellent, solid original or very, very good repro...

Losing weight so maybe a 44, might even get away with a 42 ....hmmm....

Plop the stone in the water and let's see what the ripples bring back....

(Dreams of the days when you could pick up excellent originals off the Saturday market in town. There again I am of an age to have been able to have done that)