• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

More Goodwear United

A

Anonymous

This is a closeup where you can get a sense of the leather:

DSCF1628.jpg

This is how it looks worn with jeans- not too blousy- not too tight...

DSCF1598.jpg

You can feel this jacket when you wear it- it's not a loose fit like an original Aero or Roughwear- it's got a shape more like a suitcoat like the original Uniteds and Broncos. After two weeks of wear I'm used to it- feels great! Not to beat a dead horse- it really has the "feel" of an original...

bfrench

Administrator
rotenhahn said:
T
You can feel this jacket when you wear it- it's not a loose fit like an original Aero or Roughwear- it's got a shape more like a suitcoat like the original Uniteds and Broncos. After two weeks of wear I'm used to it- feels great! Not to beat a dead horse- it really has the "feel" of an original...

Hi, Jeff,

Looks great - must be - it's brought a smile to you :lol:

Now - KEEP IT - you'll be hard pressed to find anything to surpass the fit and quality even in an original.

Bill French

cheaterome

Jeff ...super nice jacket.

I have been enjoying your old custom goatskin RM Dubow (via bseal) for about 2 weeks now and that too is a fantastic jacket. You have a good eye for stuff and this new United Sheeplined jacket is no exception.... keep it you nutjob.

Love and hatred ,
Jerome

cheaterome

P.S jeff what's with the shoes???

Are 1970's custom Vans That big in Kalifornia?

Break out the Frazetta books and get to painting murals of naked chicks riding chariots pulled by polar bears.

SWEET.

Jerome

A

Anonymous

cheaterome said:
P.S jeff what's with the shoes???

Are 1970's custom Vans That big in Kalifornia?

Break out the Frazetta books and get to painting murals of naked chicks riding chariots pulled by polar bears.

SWEET.

Jerome
Actually vintage Nike Waffle Racers- just like I wore in 1979! I haven't really changed the uniform since then- Levi 501s (black in the 80s), T-shirt tucked in (wife and kids think it's really weird to tuck in T-shirt) and some sort of A-2 (Avirex, original Bronco, then on to Eastman and Lost Worlds, Aero then RMNZ and finally my Goodwears :lol:.
PS Frank Frazetta was (is?) a great artist for young college students back in the 70s. "Heavy Metal" turned me on Baby!

cheaterome

HAHHAHA ....Ruling ,
Were you riding your P.K. Ripper too??? Redline Or Roger DeCoster?

Hmmm?

Thanks jeff.

Jerome

A

Anonymous

Vcruiser said:
Yeah...
And keep the smile...you grievance monger...!
AntiVenomVan
Funny you say that- last year I tried to win a union grievance against my supervisor at work with what I thought was support from the mucketies above her...I lost totally and completely and in fact had my job threatened. I learned my lesson- I'm a good boy now- I just smile and do my job- I am definitely not cut out to change the world! So slowly I hope that attitude has creeped into my forum persona- hence my studious avoidance (sort of) of too much controversy. I'm taking the "no discussion of politics or religion at the supper table" approach. It's a work in progress as you can see...

A

Anonymous

cheaterome said:
HAHHAHA ....Ruling ,
Were you riding your P.K. Ripper too??? Redline Or Roger DeCoster?

Hmmm?

Thanks jeff.

Jerome

No- I was into running (5-7 miles a day) and drinking!

Jeff, I love the way the jacket looks. I'm amazed at how fast you are able to break in a new jacket. Do you wet them down and then sleep in them, or do some other technique to get them to look like that?

fedoralover

A

Anonymous

fedoralover said:
Jeff, I love the way the jacket looks. I'm amazed at how fast you are able to break in a new jacket. Do you wet them down and then sleep in them, or do some other technique to get them to look like that?

fedoralover

This jacket had alot of innate grain to start with. The Goodwear horsehide is exceptional that way. I wear my jackets to work- I'm a locksmith at UC Berkeley so I drive around in a van and fix stuff. I'm in and out of the van, around alot of tools and oils and generally I don't mollycoddle the jacket I'm wearing so it gets alot of realistic wear pretty quickly. (no water or any of that) I wear A-2s around 10 hours a day almost year 'round- the Bay Area weather is coolish most of the time. I'm the opposite with original A-2s- they just sit idle- I'm too weirded out to wear them. Hence the need for that perfect repro.

better duck

Jeff,
Looking great! Thanks for posting, even with your mug on it (as you yourself put it in a previous post) As a matter of fact I like it better this way: brings us more to life, instead of acting as impersonal mannequins for just jackets!

zoomer

Beaut, Jeff...always nice to put a face with the name too.

Now your United fits nicely, but how are the shoulders and sleeves? Mine (a prototype) are pretty tight, tho not unworkable. They allow me to raise my arms about 60° from the ground, then ride up. The sleeves will also push rolled shirtsleeves up past your elbows and jam them there.

I had a similar problem when I owned a GW Bronco prototype, but worse yet. John recommended a United as a slightly easier fit, and it is.

A

Anonymous

zoomer said:
Beaut, Jeff...always nice to put a face with the name too.

Now your United fits nicely, but how are the shoulders and sleeves? Mine (a prototype) are pretty tight, tho not unworkable. They allow me to raise my arms about 60° from the ground, then ride up. The sleeves will also push rolled shirtsleeves up past your elbows and jam them there.

I had a similar problem when I owned a GW Bronco prototype, but worse yet. John recommended a United as a slightly easier fit, and it is.

Pretty much the fit's as you describe- top of sleeves pretty tight but not unworkable. After two weeks it's much more comfortable. My original Bronco felt pretty much the same way.

airfrogusmc

rotenhahn said:
This is a closeup where you can get a sense of the leather:

DSCF1628.jpg

This is how it looks worn with jeans- not too blousy- not too tight...

DSCF1598.jpg

Perfect Jeff, thats one SWEET repro...

asiamiles

Sometimes you're watching an episode of some 70's TV show ("Starsky & Hutch" or whatever) and you'll see an A-2 pop up on one of the supporting characters. That photo really reminds me of such instances, by which I mean it looks 100% original.

What's more, looks like a perfect fit. I just noticed in another thread that you mentioned the jacket was a "Long" by which I guess you mean you had John add an extra inch or two? If so, I think this probably makes all the difference, as many A-2's tend to look too short when worn with jeans by the "modern man" while your's looks just right. Don't think you can better that one.