• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

more goatskin

Silver Surfer

a few months ago, our own steve sellers made this button up for me, based on late 1920s- early 30s civy jackets. it is made of what i call "megamorph" goatskin. steve did a seriously kickass job in and out. between steve and, we decided to go with a simple center back pleat, and back of the upper arm pleats. this set up facilitates nice and easy vertical, and lateral arm movement. i wanted the lapels set up as seen in early 20th century jackets, and steve nailed it. details and the devil: check out the double butted french seams, od thread for the stitching [makes a nice contrast to the caramel hide color], original early 1930 casein buttons, an original early ''30s talon art deco chest zipper, vintage side buckles. as you will see in the fit pix, the jacket fits like a glove, as it should since steve very meticulous about the measurements. so many thanx to steve for making this remarkable jacket for me, and i would also like to thank dave for the monarch label. i wanted to add m ore pix, but rules is rules, ie: only 10 to a customer. enjoy the pix.

Attachments

• IMG_3115.JPG
    IMG_3115.JPG
    1.3 MB · Views: 329
  • IMG_3116.JPG
    IMG_3116.JPG
    1.2 MB · Views: 291
  • IMG_3117.JPG
    IMG_3117.JPG
    1.3 MB · Views: 251
  • IMG_3119.JPG
    IMG_3119.JPG
    1 MB · Views: 231
  • IMG_3120.JPG
    IMG_3120.JPG
    1.1 MB · Views: 235
  • IMG_3122.JPG
    IMG_3122.JPG
    1.1 MB · Views: 285
  • IMG_3100.jpg
    IMG_3100.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 294
  • IMG_3104.jpg
    IMG_3104.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 289
  • IMG_3105.jpg
    IMG_3105.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 289
  • IMG_3108.jpg
    IMG_3108.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 263

bseal

"back of the upper arm pleats"

Never seen these before, interesting. Learn something new every day.

Congrats on a beautiful bespoke piece. About how much time from placing the order til receipt in your hand?

Silver Surfer

depending on steves work load, 4-7 weeks would be my guess. he is after all a one man operation, and everything ha makes is bespoke. that said, its best to ask him what his turn around is.

Lebowski

You might not want to sell to this guy.
Very intetesting jacket, I especially like some unique details like armpit sewn-folded gussets/pleats and unusual zipper pull on the chest poctket zipper.

Last edited: