• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

More chinese Repops

Thomas Koehle

Lookin' good there Thomas.

I've done some research today and found a link to Bronson via Taobao. If ordered direct (a minefield due to translation) an N-1 works out at $113 plus shipping, if ordered through a proxy it's a little more. Not bad eh?

Also the 2017 Bronson collection is slowly starting to appear including so far a Blue Demotex N-1 with brown alpaca and reverse U.S.NAVY stencil and an updated khaki N-1.

A quality N-1 for less than £100 :) Happy Days!!!

actually I think I already got a blue BRONSON in my collection - here are the pics - got the jacket 2 years ago and so far is the ONLY jacket in blue which matches my NOS US Navy BIB colour wise and from the print by almost 100%

pcxj31q.jpg

i4Lj9tI.jpg

XlPYUsP.jpg

kJHkC8E.jpg

mCIDgw8.jpg

I also have some of those foul weather cloth helmets in various stages of wear and bleach in my collection and even there the jacket is a almost 100% hit colourwise

9nYcFYd.jpg

Peter Graham

Looks like RTWB also makes a nice looking B-15 --
https://item.taobao.com/item.htm?sp...744&pvid=f29c9c3b-b333-4995-8f4b-34f4e22ac944

The cloth on their B-15 looks different than that of the B-10, more like a twill weave, while the striped-looking weave on their B-10 kind of stands out to me. Is that an accurate weave for the B-10?

Evan
Hi. The weave on the B-10 is not accurate. It looks much coarser, like an N-1. It should be a much finer cotton weave. The weave on a B-15 is different. It’s even finer again, with a sheen to it. Referred to as Sateen cotton I believe.

917_k

The new Bronson N1s look fantastic, i’m In the process of arranging an order but struggling a bit with sizing.

Thomas very kindly posted the sizing translation previously, but I know deck jackets are obviously designed to be bulkier and worn over clothing. I’m roughly 6ft, 38-40inch chest, fairly average build. I’ve got a genuine A2 deck jacket, which is 38 and fits perfectly, but had a Pike Bros N1 in their size small which I guess must be around a 36inch chest and doesn’t fit at all, while the medium felt more like 42 (with longer arms) and was too big. So as the sizing of this style of jacket seems to be all over the place, I’m really not sure what to go for. Based on Bronson’s sizing chart I was erring in a medium as they seem to come up slightly shorter and not as broad in the shoulder.

Cobblers161

Their XXL seems to be around the same size as my Buzz 42/X-Large N1. I've had a couple of their other jackets this year and their dimensions are seemingly bang on.
I would check the measurements section via the link, just scroll down the page and it's there.

I'll post up details and measurements of mine Soon as it's landed. If it fits then I'll be ordering one of the Khaki or Olive numbers!

Thomas Koehle

The new Bronson N1s look fantastic, i’m In the process of arranging an order but struggling a bit with sizing.

Thomas very kindly posted the sizing translation previously, but I know deck jackets are obviously designed to be bulkier and worn over clothing. I’m roughly 6ft, 38-40inch chest, fairly average build. I’ve got a genuine A2 deck jacket, which is 38 and fits perfectly, but had a Pike Bros N1 in their size small which I guess must be around a 36inch chest and doesn’t fit at all, while the medium felt more like 42 (with longer arms) and was too big. So as the sizing of this style of jacket seems to be all over the place, I’m really not sure what to go for. Based on Bronson’s sizing chart I was erring in a medium as they seem to come up slightly shorter and not as broad in the shoulder.

I ordered my actual chest size 44 which I also order from other manufacturers and fits perfect - so leave this "L" or "XL" away and rather check for your normal chestsize - should fit ...

or whatdaya think "Cobblers"?

Cobblers161

Mine's on the way, I'll post up pics and measurements soon as it gets here, but yeh you're absolutely right T, the L/XL/XXL size indicators can be way off. Best to check the actual measurements particularly shoulder and pit to pit to check the fit.

Thomas, the 2017 Bronson N-1's are very good, especially the Khaki version. Worth looking at.

Last edited:

Cobblers161

OK Here We Go….

Well it's arrived.

First impressions are it's bigger than I expected.

Dimensions of the XXL/44 are:

Shoulders 19"
Chest 24.2"
Sleeves - 26"
Back Length (collar seam to hem) - 28.25"

The outer shell is 100% cotton but has that new treatment feel to it. The lining is 75% wool 25% polyester and whilst not feeling overly synthetic is is nowhere near as warm or authentic as my Buzz or RMc.

All the details are correct-ish, One bonus is Corduroy lined pockets, v.nice!

So my thoughts are that for the money it's ok, the sizing according to the website is slightly out as mentioned earlier. I could comfortably fit a size 42" and I think that while the measurements except length are similar to my Buzz and RMc the thinner lining makes it a roomier fit.

I've thrown it in the washing machine to see if there's much shrinkage and to get rid of the treatment on the cotton outer. I'll hang on to it for now as a go for daily jacket and give my much loved Buzz a rest, I will also keep my RMc that's currently up for sale as it's made me realise how incredibly well made that is…and warm!!!

So it's not bad but it ain't gonna win any awards and worth a punt if you have a spare £130 but be careful on sizing and DON'T expect 100% accuracy, it's about 60% and that's being generous.

anonymous photo sharing

I'll add some more to the review once it's recovered from the wash. If it recovers that is……..

Last edited:

Thomas Koehle

doesn`t sound that convinced ...

never ever realized the corduroy inside the pockets - must be a new feature ...

Hmmm!

maybe I have to think my previous judgement over and give another real close look to the Bronson Jackets I own

THX for the fitpics btw!

Cobblers161

No probs...

My two other Bronson jackets are superb, I'm more than happy with them.

It's out of the washing machine (Wool was 30 degrees Celsius) and has shrunk a little to pretty much a perfect snuggish fit.

The jungle cloth outer now resembles the real deal, initially it felt a little artificial.
The lining also feels like it's thickened up.

Once it's fully dried I'll take some decent fitpics.

Cobblers161

As promised here's the fit pic fully dried:

It's reduced in size all round and the lining is slightly bunched in places however I'd say hand on heart that I prefer this cut to the RMc. Also the washing has tightened the fibres thus making it feel warmer.

Measurements are:

Shoulders - 18.5
Chest - 23.25"
Back - 27.5"-
Sleeves - 25"

I have to say my initial disappointment has turned to sheer joy! I love it.

If anyone 'needs' a jacket with the above measurements I'd heartily recommend buying the XXL/44 and give it either a 30 degree C or 20 degree C wool wash (approx 40 minutes) then dry open air or on radiators.

Very chuffed indeed!

Last edited:

Thomas Koehle

jacket looks spot on!

Actually feel as bit released coz I recommended the jacket ...

Are you working as a fire fighter? Well then THX for your service!

Thomas