• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

More chinese Repops

Gabe Treadway

Hi i'm wanting to buy a Bronson N1 deck jacket and the only thing I'm hung up on is the sizing. I wear a 38 in buzz rickson model and was wondering if Bronson measured the same? thank you

B-Man2

Hi Gabe
Welcome to the forum!
Don't have any experience with Bronson jackets, but I'm sure others here will be able to help you out.
Why don't you introduce yourself in the "Members Bio" section.

Thomas Koehle

Hi i'm wanting to buy a Bronson N1 deck jacket and the only thing I'm hung up on is the sizing. I wear a 38 in buzz rickson model and was wondering if Bronson measured the same? thank you

That`s their sizing chart ...

尺碼 36=S 38=M 40=L 42=XL 44=XXL
肩寬 43.5 45 47 48.5 50
胸圍 52x2 53.5x2 55x2 57x2 59x2
衣長 63 65 67 69 71
袖長 61 62 63 64 65

for a translation of the Chinese characters use google dictionary

B-Man2

You really can't tell much until you've got one in your hands. The photos look good but .... photos don't always tell the whole story. Another thing is the sizing. They always seem to run small.

veli1

B-Man, for 178 bucks i would rather buy for the first time and "test" this RTWB B-10 instead of buying a high end repro like Buzz or Real McCoy's..
But you're right about the sizing, i noticed that Bronson B-10 has a short torso and big and bloussy sleeves. Not sure about the sizing on this RTWB jacket. Maybe Thomas has more info on this..

Last edited:

Thomas Koehle

i tried to do a bit research via an old friend in China - he has been working for me and was responsible to take care for suppliers in Shanghai area where a lot of those garment companies are located

as far as I got him this "RTWB" seems to be a new company trying to also make money with such garment

you cannot imagine how many international companies buy clothes in China - put their own lable on and sell the stuff expensive somewhere else on the world. I`m pretty certain that also BR, Toys McC and a lot of the other brands produce in China

so far I got stuff from "BRONSON" - "BOB DONG" and another company which calls themselfes "NON STOCK"

business setup in China often works with more or less an "agent" contracting smaller companies all over the country and selling or wholeselling items under that agents brand

on the pics the "RTWB" stuff looks pretty cool - as far as I can judge - and for the B10 jacket as well as for the N1 deck jacket some smaller details indicate the stuff has nothing to do with BRONSON or BOB DONG

also the fact that most of that RTWB stuff is available in 46 indicates that it is a separate company - BRONSON as well as BOB DONG so far produce up to 44 only and claimed that size as "XXL" and these jackets are sold out most of the time

so far i`m pretty satisfied with my BRONSON B10 - bodylenght is not too much for my taste and sleeves ain`t too blousy like already stated by a couple of pals here on the forum

maybe I pull the trigger for one of those RTWB B10`s just to see what it is about but BRONSON at least is a known supplier

bottom line: before spending a couple of hundred Euros / Dollars for a BR or TMC + shipping jacket I'd go with a Chinese one ...

Thomas Koehle

forgot to mention: over the last years I realized differences in the coming delivery batches of the Chinese garment ...

either they contract different subsuppliers (maybe to save money) or they do their homework and try to improve their stuff

colekwok

you cannot imagine how many international companies buy clothes in China - put their own lable on and sell the stuff expensive somewhere else on the world. I`m pretty certain that also BR, Toys McC and a lot of the other brands produce in China

so far I got stuff from "BRONSON" - "BOB DONG" and another company which calls themselfes "NON STOCK"

Yes, Buzz Rickson (Toyo Industries) make some of their garments in China, but most of their leather jackets are still made in Japan. I am not sure about TM, I thought they actually pride themselves as Japanese made?

I have only bought denim items from Bronson and BobDong. They do make quality clothings, but with the strong Chinese Yen RMB, they are not as cheap these days.

Thomas Koehle

see some fitpics of my BRONSON B10 - the brighter pics have been shot in spring in bright daylight - the darker ones are quick-shots of today in the morning

here in Mexico in November it is getting cold during the night (5° Celsius) and during daytime temp climbs up to 31°

ANfsDVN.jpg

T4FrVXt.jpg

4SpNgvE.jpg

FA6Blyk.jpg

after 2 washes and sundrying - the first 4 pictures show the actual colour - the later 4 pics are too dark

Na8Z0Yr.jpg

Lvki8BE.jpg

HjNTmLo.jpg

VhBVmWt.jpg

bottom line: I really satisfier with the jacket - craftsmanship, stitching, material aso are comparable with the much more expensive brands

Cobblers161

Lookin' good there Thomas.

I've done some research today and found a link to Bronson via Taobao. If ordered direct (a minefield due to translation) an N-1 works out at $113 plus shipping, if ordered through a proxy it's a little more. Not bad eh?

Also the 2017 Bronson collection is slowly starting to appear including so far a Blue Demotex N-1 with brown alpaca and reverse U.S.NAVY stencil and an updated khaki N-1.

A quality N-1 for less than £100 :) Happy Days!!!

Thomas Koehle

Lookin' good there Thomas.

I've done some research today and found a link to Bronson via Taobao. If ordered direct (a minefield due to translation) an N-1 works out at $113 plus shipping, if ordered through a proxy it's a little more. Not bad eh?

Also the 2017 Bronson collection is slowly starting to appear including so far a Blue Demotex N-1 with brown alpaca and reverse U.S.NAVY stencil and an updated khaki N-1.

A quality N-1 for less than £100 :) Happy Days!!!

Cobblers,

THX for the comment!

That sound good with the link ...

Would you mind forwarding the details?

Actually if planning to order from them and in need of a bigger size you have to be quick - especially the XXL`s (which is a 44 in the western world) sell out pretty quick

I think I have a khaki as well as a blue one from a 2016 production run both they are at home in Germany - will drop some pics as soon as I'm back there

Peter Graham

Just look at this chinese B-10 copy from "RTWB" Company which i found a while ago. They're selling their stuff via taobao..https://item.taobao.com/item.htm?sp...296&pvid=546e2559-8dff-4939-a790-6491eb881f3f
I'm not an expert but this B-10 seems nice for "only" 180 bucks. In correlation with the Bronson B-10 which one do you think is better?
That's a nice looking B-10. They have even got the Stagg pocket scallop pretty accurate, and no shoulder decal, which is a big bonus, for me anyway. Two odd features I've noticed are that it appears to be made of N-1 style jungle cloth and it's got white stitching.

veli1

Peter, thanks for the additional info..i'm not an expert on cloth jackets like other guys here on the forum but i like this B-10 a lot.
They put a couple of photos from different angles and i'm sure that this RTWB is better than Bronson's B-10 type.
Jacket without decal is nice but i prefer jackets with shoulder decal (i have one B-15C by Alpha Ind.).

Thomas Koehle

Peter, thanks for the additional info..i'm not an expert on cloth jackets like other guys here on the forum but i like this B-10 a lot.
They put a couple of photos from different angles and i'm sure that this RTWB is better than Bronson's B-10 type.
Jacket without decal is nice but i prefer jackets with shoulder decal (i have one B-15C by Alpha Ind.).

actually from the pics also the B10 looks better for me - and like VELI pointed out I'm also after jackets with the decal ...

for the N1 I think colourwise they are far behind other distributors - although photos not always give an idea about the real colour