• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

MONEY CLIP

Grant

Flea market find always kept in the pocket of an A-2. P-61 is one of my favs.

P61.jpg

P61II.jpg

Smithy

That's awesome Grant!

Like the Zippos too P27. I always used one back when I smoked. Still got a couple stashed away in the kitchen drawer.

B-Man2

That’s a find for sure. Completely unique and probably one of kind. Nice find Grant!!

P2725TMB

They're actually Japanese made Prince Rocky and Penguin lighters. A lot of the Pacific Fleet issued ones were apparently locally made. I particularly like this sort of lighter, as they were surely bought on the carrier itself so have provenance linking them to the CV. I have a small number of them and other newer Zippos I obtained from carrriers I visited in the past.

P2725TMB

Here's some more of my lighters. I've reversed them in the second pic if appropriate. Most are from the early to mid 1960's, with a few being presentationals, given I assume to VIP visitors by the Captain or Admiral etc. All are Prince Rocky or Penguin, Far East made. The exception is the brass one from CVN-69, which is late 1980's and a Zippo.

Bombing IP

The wings on the P61 of Grants have been filed down and reprofiled to fit the money clip ,Nice metal enamel copy of the P61. I could not think of a more difficult plane to make in enamel and brass then chromed this small ,a real work of art and most unusual .

Jeff

Last edited:

B-Man2

Spot on Jeff..... !
And then to add to the mix, the US looks like an officers collar pin that was filed down to fit the clip. A one of a kind piece of art and craftsmanship made for practical use.