• Hey guys, I had to upgrade the VLJ software because the old one is being phased out. Please let me know of any issues in the SITE UPDATE THREAD. Thanks!

MONEY CLIP

Smithy

That's awesome Grant!

Like the Zippos too P27. I always used one back when I smoked. Still got a couple stashed away in the kitchen drawer.

B-Man2

That’s a find for sure. Completely unique and probably one of kind. Nice find Grant!!

P2725TMB

They're actually Japanese made Prince Rocky and Penguin lighters. A lot of the Pacific Fleet issued ones were apparently locally made. I particularly like this sort of lighter, as they were surely bought on the carrier itself so have provenance linking them to the CV. I have a small number of them and other newer Zippos I obtained from carrriers I visited in the past.

P2725TMB

Here's some more of my lighters. I've reversed them in the second pic if appropriate. Most are from the early to mid 1960's, with a few being presentationals, given I assume to VIP visitors by the Captain or Admiral etc. All are Prince Rocky or Penguin, Far East made. The exception is the brass one from CVN-69, which is late 1980's and a Zippo.

Bombing IP

The wings on the P61 of Grants have been filed down and reprofiled to fit the money clip ,Nice metal enamel copy of the P61. I could not think of a more difficult plane to make in enamel and brass then chromed this small ,a real work of art and most unusual .

Jeff

Last edited:

B-Man2

Spot on Jeff..... !
And then to add to the mix, the US looks like an officers collar pin that was filed down to fit the clip. A one of a kind piece of art and craftsmanship made for practical use.