• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Monarch A-2 has arrived!

Pilot

38 is way to small for me ended up making the trip to check a few out and I need closer to a size 42 for an original a-2, maybe a large 40 or even a small 44. the a-2’s seem to run even smaller than my original m-422a and 7823’s.
Best is to go by measurements, the tags on the WW2 jackets are sometimes misleading...IMHO...
I have an original Fitzwell WWII B-10 taged 40”, I can wear and close it...I wear 44”/46” from Goodwear/Eastman/Aero.

79 Ranger

Yes I completely agree, you can get 2 jackets same maker same year spec same size tag and the measurements can be different, I just don’t think there’s a 38 out there that will fit me, I tried on a atleast 10 wwii original a-2 jackets from sizes 38-44 and all the 38 and 40s were way to tight on the chest and shoulders, a larger 40 would probably fit me but I think the wwii a-2’s run very small, I own many g-1 jackets from wwii, Korea and Vietnam and the a-2 seems to run smaller than the original g-1’s do atleast in my experience. I have a wwii H & L Block m-422a in size 40 that fits me perfect, the 7823 spec g-1 jackets seem to run a touch smaller I typically need a 40-42 depending on the measurements, Anything modern a 38-40 usually fits.

Last edited:

Pilot

Thx, my Ww2 A-2 Bronco ( 38” ) fits precicely like my Fitzwell B-10 in 40”.( very snug ...) ...Its really contract even batch...depending.
As mentioned for GW/ELC/Aero, I neded 44/46”...
The WW2 size tags are mostly irrelevant...IME.