• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Modern German Flieger Jacke

Cyril

so far i also only knew combinations like this: photos from 1959 and 1958 below

Bildschirmfoto 2022-12-03 um 14.27.44.png

Pilot German Air Force 1958.jpg

B-Man2

Wholenineyards

Here is a 1960/70 leather Bundesluftwaffe flight suit.. not very sought after as one may notice
Brice, I saw that, too... I am just scurring my books to see if I can find one in action as I am sure I have seen at least one picture of a single piece leather flight suit worn. I do second Cyril regarding the combination. USAF or early German flight suits, Flight Jacket and G-pants. P-4 helmets in the beginning, RAF helmets for some Marineflieger.

Wholenineyards

20221203_151648.jpg
20221203_151718.jpg

Some images of Luftwaffe/ Marineflieger spirit and flying garb late 50s, early 60s.
20221203_151130.jpg

On 03 April 1964 JaboG 32 lost Oberleutnant Michels who, due to navigational problems, in cloud, hit a mountain in northwest Sardinia (while on detachment to the firing range) in his F-84F Thunderstreak (DB-106/ 53-7210). His squadron mates stand solemnly as honour guard in full flying garb (sans survival vest).

Pilot

Thanks.
Saw a Lademeister ( Load-master) of a C160 of LTG 61 in Deci. wearing one in 1982-1983.

Last edited:

Pilot

Nice jacket, great marketing.
If you are looking for an issued one in your size please let me know and of course your all in all budget…
Thankyou.

Enigma1938

The hide is goat.
The breastpatch belongs to Hubschraubergeschwader 64 (Helicopter Squadron 64) based in Laupheim near Ulm. It is the only helicopter-squadron attached to the Luftwaffe (Airforce), all others belong to Heer (Army). They fly Sikorsky CH-53, Bell UH-1D, NH90 and Airbus H145M.
And MBB Bo-105 , at least in 1982

CombatWombat

Like this?

That's the (formerly) BGS Federal Border Guard flight jacket. I have the liner in storage.
Ahhh yes it's been 25 years or so but I'm sure it looked like that with a distinct "Teddy Bear" lining!

I remember the guy also had a "Gestapo" jacket (just the double breasted leather peacoat that was around before the Polizei went to the "bomber jacket") in the same green leather with the bundes eagle on the arm.

CombatWombat

LOL, 'Gestapo' coat... Reminds me of: "Don't mention the war! I might have but I think I got away with it..."
I myself have a black one with silver buttons and the "concealed carry" pocket for the holster (which I made into a normal pocket after getting a pocket bag sewn on and the clips taken out)
Bloody brilliant coat for hitting the Goth Club in and keeps me toasty warm for the trip to and from work

Latest posts