• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

moderators please.............

Roughwear

Having just read this thread in its entirety today I had a good laugh. John makes the best A2s on the market and as a moderator on the forum surely would not want a section devoted entirely to his jackets. This would not be ethical.
There are plenty of threads on Goodwear jackets and it is not difficult to browse them.

I am amused by the comments about Irvins. I am fully aware that not every member is interested in them and there is already one thread(not a section) devoted to them in Vintage.

It is true that recently too few of us have posted about original jackets. This is not surprising when you look at the lists of members' current collections-most consist of repros. Perhaps this will change as new members join?

shanghai joe

Roughwear said:
Having just read this thread in its entirety today I had a good laugh. John makes the best A2s on the market and as a moderator on the forum surely would not want a section devoted entirely to his jackets. This would not be ethical.
There are plenty of threads on Goodwear jackets and it is not difficult to browse them.

I am amused by the comments about Irvins. I am fully aware that not every member is interested in them and there is already one thread(not a section) devoted to them in Vintage.

It is true that recently too few of us have posted about original jackets. This is not surprising when you look at the lists of members' current collections-most consist of repros. Perhaps this will change as new members join?

that'll depend on new members interests..........

havocpaul

quote: "Having just read this thread in its entirety today I had a good laugh. John makes the best A2s on the market and as a moderator on the forum surely would not want a section devoted entirely to his jackets. This would not be ethical.
There are plenty of threads on Goodwear jackets and it is not difficult to browse them"

I don't think that was Joe's point, it had more to do with the number of times other discussions were turned 'round to singing the praises of GW and dismissing all other jackets as 'redundant', but this is a current trend and it will surely return to more balanced views eventually...

Roughwear

havocpaul said:
quote: "Having just read this thread in its entirety today I had a good laugh. John makes the best A2s on the market and as a moderator on the forum surely would not want a section devoted entirely to his jackets. This would not be ethical.
There are plenty of threads on Goodwear jackets and it is not difficult to browse them"

I don't think that was Joe's point, it had more to do with the number of times other discussions were turned 'round to singing the praises of GW and dismissing all other jackets as 'redundant', but this is a current trend and it will surely return to more balanced views eventually...

I am not quite sure what point Joe was making. He started the thread by asking for a section purely for Goodwear jackets. This has been declined by one of the moderators.

airfrogusmc

Just when you thought it was safe :lol: :lol: :lol:
Heres a couple I took this morning.
_MG_6536.jpg

_MG_6538.jpg

_MG_6535.jpg

_MG_6522.jpg

Check out those details SWEEEET....

Check that collar, pocket flaps and beautiful grain...

shanghai joe

Roughwear said:
havocpaul said:

I am not quite sure what point Joe was making. He started the thread by asking for a section purely for Goodwear jackets. This has been declined by one of the moderators.

19 guesses left..........

airfrogusmc

T-Bolt said:
Allen.....

Thanks for those additional close-up shots. Boy, your jacket is getting the look to it! :cool:

Ted

Ted if ya threw it in a stack of originals and left it there for a week or two I doubt you'd be able to pick it out of the bunch except its not as scuffed. Maybe the label but I donno. It would be a tough call.

airfrogusmc

shanghai joe said:
airfrogusmc said:
shanghai joe said:
Allen,

oh la la :lol:

Not to bad for a repro, huh?

oui...........but it's a gw, right???? not any other commoner of a repro!

SJ one thing you can see is the collar is cut right because of the way it lays and its the right size not over done (to much curve) or over sized like some and it comes to more of a point like most original 27798s do. From what I've come to understand if the hide is to heavy you can't get those sharper points on the collar because the leather to heavy and doesn't fold right.

Roughwear

The GW Dubow now looks like a lightly worn original. I wonder whether in the future Goodwears will be passed off as originals on Ebay etc..?

Curahee

Roughwear said:
havocpaul said:

That's called humor in by some people, anyway I think what he meant was what HavocPaul said that some of us get the
feeling that lately the whole forum evolves around GW jackets, but I also agree with Allen that the only way to change this
is to add your topics...and since there aren't any.....

shanghai joe

oui...........but it's a gw, right???? not any other commoner of a repro![/quote]

SJ one thing you can see is the collar is cut right because of the way it lays and its the right size not over done (to much curve) or over sized like some and it comes to more of a point like most original 27798s do. From what I've come to understand if the hide is to heavy you can't get those sharper points on the collar because the leather to heavy and doesn't fold right.[/quote]

Allen,

I'm not disputing anything except drawing attention to the fact that it's a GW, the queen of repros.....

Common, I'm allowed to say good things about GW...... :cool:

shanghai joe

I am not quite sure what point Joe was making. He started the thread by asking for a section purely for Goodwear jackets. This has been declined by one of the moderators.[/quote]

guess this thread is turning into a gw thread??

airfrogusmc

shanghai joe said:
oui...........but it's a gw, right???? not any other commoner of a repro!

SJ one thing you can see is the collar is cut right because of the way it lays and its the right size not over done (to much curve) or over sized like some and it comes to more of a point like most original 27798s do. From what I've come to understand if the hide is to heavy you can't get those sharper points on the collar because the leather to heavy and doesn't fold right.[/quote]

Allen,

I'm not disputing anything except drawing attention to the fact that it's a GW, the queen of repros.....

Common, I'm allowed to say good things about GW...... :cool:[/quote]

:lol: :lol:

I think you are just one of the lucky ones that can wear originals :cry: :x and like to rub it in.

shanghai joe

I think you are just one of the lucky ones that can wear originals :cry: :x and like to rub it in.[/quote]

Allen,

I never thought of it that way.....but yes thinking over what you say I guess it's true that being smaller built has greater oppotunities.

No not rubbing it in.....honest!

havocpaul

Roughwear said:
The GW Dubow now looks like a lightly worn original. I wonder whether in the future Goodwears will be passed off as originals on Ebay etc..?

Yes, maybe some of them, although seeing some of the serious wear one or too have had in a really short time not sure all the hides would stand up long-term; that Dubow looks great BTW.

shanghai joe

havocpaul said:
Roughwear said:

Yes, maybe some of them, although seeing some of the serious wear one or too have had in a really short time not sure all the hides would stand up long-term; that Dubow looks great BTW.

jkt talk: don't die before you live ?? :?