• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

missing link?

DJS48

As a long time member and generally more quiet, I always enjoyed Andrew's information and expertise with regard to subject of jackets and other related topics, nothing more and nothing less.
Cheers and regards,
Don

Officer Dibley

As a long time member and generally more quiet, I always enjoyed Andrew's information and expertise with regard to subject of jackets and other related topics, nothing more and nothing less.
Cheers and regards,
Don

However, unlike the rest of us who learned from others and credit them, Andrew acted like he knew it all and was born with that knowlege.... Some of us remember the Andrew who first rocked up and kbew NOTHING.
All academics are egotistical & arrogant.

Silver Surfer

soooooo, here ya go, guys. as i have have been collecting originals for many years, i have and have had basket cases, that i have put aside in the event that parts may be needed in the future for restoration [see parts car for that 356 resto]. at some point having read the many threads about the phantom contracts, i gave a thought to what if? the thought grew into an obsession,, and i talked over the feasibility of creating an "unknown a-2 contract" with our master, steve. the idea was to make an a-2 that for all intents and purposes had all of the hall marks of a pre war 1930s a-2, but leave just enough of a cookie trail so that the guys who knew their shit would be able to see what was what.....dd not included, as he knew from the out set what was being made and with what, and from where. in brief, the body and sleeves are from a rough wear 1401, as is the collar [from a donor 1401] the zipper, label, and hardware are indeed from a basket case pair of switlik flight pants. other parts were fabricated to suit the project. yes, a fantasy jacket. why? because out of curiosity, i wanted to. i am glad that so many were entertained by this thread by doing their sherlock holmes, and angels on the head of a pin thing.....at least it wasnt a long winded dissertation about el cheapo repros.

John Lever

soooooo, here ya go, guys. as i have have been collecting originals for many years, i have and have had basket cases, that i have put aside in the event that parts may be needed in the future for restoration [see parts car for that 356 resto]. at some point having read the many threads about the phantom contracts, i gave a thought to what if? the thought grew into an obsession,, and i talked over the feasibility of creating an "unknown a-2 contract" with our master, steve. the idea was to make an a-2 that for all intents and purposes had all of the hall marks of a pre war 1930s a-2, but leave just enough of a cookie trail so that the guys who knew their shit would be able to see what was what.....dd not included, as he knew from the out set what was being made and with what, and from where. in brief, the body and sleeves are from a rough wear 1401, as is the collar [from a donor 1401] the zipper, label, and hardware are indeed from a basket case pair of switlik flight pants. other parts were fabricated to suit the project. yes, a fantasy jacket. why? because out of curiosity, i wanted to. i am glad that so many were entertained by this thread by doing their sherlock holmes, and angels on the head of a pin thing.....at least it wasnt a long winded dissertation about el cheapo repros.
Well I think you constructed a very interesting jacket and hope it is solid enough to wear.

saucerfiend

However, unlike the rest of us who learned from others and credit them, Andrew acted like he knew it all and was born with that knowlege.... Some of us remember the Andrew who first rocked up and kbew NOTHING.
All academics are egotistical & arrogant.
You don't have to put your negative opinion in here. Hey, the man took the time to gain the knowledge. The rest of us can learn
from him. Everyone has their quirks. YOU and MYSELF included. Just accept that fact and you'll be a happier man for it.

Brian

Carl

Doing my best here to keep it zipped, but hell there is serious blinkered opinions of people on here.
Some just cant seem to see "The wood for the trees "
Just cast your minds back to a certain "list " that was posted many moons ago .

stanier

Nope, someone shared an opinion and some have a different opinion. Witches were persecuted out of superstition, were examples such as Carl’s recycled research, jonnyboy’s Ace’s High Experience and an ongoing cycle of peaks and troughs of unpleasant arrogance superstition? I think not.

Micawber

This sounds like a job for....

Ta daaaa..........

witchfinder-general-blu-ray-movie-title.jpg