• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Mint Gordon & Ferguson M-422A with War Assets Administration documentation

bazelot

I haven't bought many jackets lately but i bought 3 that all came from the same location last week. They are all unused and one (the G&F) was demilitarized (removal of label and USN wiped out) and in the pocket was the original sales receipt from the War Assets Administration dated 1947. I had never seen an official doc like thatone and I will keep it with the jacket.
Jacket is basically mint. it was never worn. I added a repro label that i got From Steve (thanks again Steve) and i re-stencilled the USN on the back collar (it was fairly easy since the USN print was still there, only the paint was gone. Everything else is perfect on the jacket.

20181107_172633.jpg
20181107_172626.jpg
20181107_172535.jpg
20181107_172644.jpg
20181107_172641 (1).jpg
20181107_172653.jpg
jacket2.jpg
jacket.jpg

paper.jpg

Tommy

Gorgeous, was in two minds of wether you should of restored it as you did, but I think your instincts are right!

Whats the zipper?

B-Man2

What do the other two look like?

For several years I rode a Harley and every so often you’d hear the recurring story about somebody’s friend who was traveling thru the mid west and found a 1937 knuckle Head in new condition, under a tarp in a barn.

But you my friend have really found the proverbial knuckle head. Outstanding find!;)

Last edited:

Julius

Great find Bazelot, congrats. Care to say how much it cost you?
Also, is the leather a bit shiny in person? or is it only on the photos? Did you use flash?
Is the sheen of the leather behind the collar the same with the rest of the jacket?

If it's too big for you, I have one size 38 in the same condition and would like to trade for bigger.

Sorry for too many questions.

bazelot

Thanks guys, it is indeed a great jacket and it fits me perfectly well so I won't trade it for anything :). The shine is the original shine of the jacket. No flash was used.

bazelot

Wow, all of $4.78.
Yup, all for $4.78. It would be $55 in today's money, not bad for a jacket like this :).
BTW, have I said anything about the smell it has? It is this amazing, perfect, old woman's closet (not jail lingo for anything else) kind of smell I love. Hard to describe but it is a very nice smell... Have I made things weird now :confused:

johnwayne

That's a thing of beauty Tom, personally I'd not have touched the stencil but that's me and it's yours to do with as you please! I've 2 early G1 but always hankered after a mint M422/a but good ones in 44" are pricey when they do surface. Enjoy it, I would.

bazelot

The other 2 jackets are Fosters AN-J3-As. They haven't been worn either but their knits and waistband were attacked by moths. One was fixable but the other is having its waistband replaced but it has mint everything else including the cuffs. Both Fosters have their labels and interestingly enough one has US on the back collar and the other has USN but they both have the same contract number.

B-Man2

The other 2 jackets are Fosters AN-J3-As. They haven't been worn either but their knits and waistband were attacked by moths. One was fixable but the other is having its waistband replaced but it has mint everything else including the cuffs. Both Fosters have their labels and interestingly enough one has US on the back collar and the other has USN but they both have the same contract number.
Tom:
Any chance of seeing a couple of pics?

Stony

Interesting one of them has "USN" under the collar for an "AN" contract. That would be a first for me to see. Anyone else ever seen an AN contract with a USN?