• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Military Collector Show G-1

lgr1613

Came across this nice 1963 contract Irvin B. Foster Sportswear at a Military Collector's Show in Franklin Tennessee over the weekend. Seller was asking $200. Looked to be virtually unused - knits were all good (rib-rack), did not see anything other than 'storage wear'. I did not buy it so I would expect it's still available.
LGR

Attachments

• G-1 A Irvin B. Foster (2).jpg
    G-1 A Irvin B. Foster (2).jpg
    108.8 KB · Views: 217
  • G-1 B Irvin B. Foster Tag.jpg
    G-1 B Irvin B. Foster Tag.jpg
    115.5 KB · Views: 219

lgr1613

Actually, it's a 48 and I wear a 44, so passed it by. I thought about buying to resell to someone looking for a nice G-1 in that size. The seller only lives about 100 miles from me and I have his number so there could still be a chance to help someone out.

B-Man2

Actually, it's a 48 and I wear a 44, so passed it by. I thought about buying to resell to someone looking for a nice G-1 in that size. The seller only lives about 100 miles from me and I have his number so there could still be a chance to help someone out.
I'm a 48 and I would be in your debt if you would get ahold of that guy and purchase that jacket for me. I would be willing to pay you a finders fee as well.....within reason of course.
Or if you would PM me his number I would give him a call . The finders fee would still be yours .

Last edited:

B-Man2

Hey guys
I wanted to shout out a personal thank you to Igr 1613 (Lewis) for his help in hooking me up with the owner of the great looking Irvin B Foster G-1 featured above in this thread. I received the jacket today and it’s almost in mint condition. It’s a hard to find size 48 and I’m fortunate to have been able to acquire it with Lewis’s help . I’ll post a few close ups of the jacket and of course the obligatory “ fit pixs “
in the next day or so . Thanks again Lewis and our agreed upon deal still stands .
I PMed you for additional information.
Cheers
Burt

ties70

Hey guys
I wanted to shout out a personal thank you to Igr 1613 (Lewis) for his help in hooking me up with the owner of the great looking Irvin B Foster G-1 featured above in this thread. I received the jacket today and it’s almost in mint condition. It’s a hard to find size 48 and I’m fortunate to have been able to acquire it with Lewis’s help . I’ll post a few close ups of the jacket and of course the obligatory “ fit pixs “
in the next day or so . Thanks again Lewis and our agreed upon deal still stands .
I PMed you for additional information.
Cheers
Burt

Good deal, Burt!

I really, really, really wish I had your luck...

I have been looking for a second hand 48" G-1 since we returned from Spain last year...Repro, original.. doesn't matter, but no luck so far..

Well done!

Ties