• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Mil-j-83388A question

Chevalier

I spotted this jacket “in the wild” and decided to buy it. Thanks to this forum, I realized they don’t come around that often. The main zip is missing its pull tab, though. Does anyone know if I could find a replacement zipper and what the size/specs are for it? I think I could also just put a key ring or other replacement tab to help use the jacket. Also happy to provide more pics, if anyone is interested.
1B274015-FDB0-4A85-9C6A-0C59891F14CA.jpeg

C9A6F328-CE3D-49B5-97E1-9AC74FB5BB9B.jpeg

Chevalier

Thank you! I will start searching for the specific zipper. Trying to search for “replacement zipper” for the jacket was not working.

Chevalier

Thanks for the clarification. I was worried because I saw a Serval on the sleeve pocket and the main zip is partly marked as Serval. Does this look like the original zipper/pull?
image.jpg

In a case like this, is it better to replace the zipper or just use an “aftermarket” temporary tab to keep using this zipper?

MaydayWei

Thanks for the clarification. I was worried because I saw a Serval on the sleeve pocket and the main zip is partly marked as Serval. Does this look like the original zipper/pull?
View attachment 84154
In a case like this, is it better to replace the zipper or just use an “aftermarket” temporary tab to keep using this zipper?
I would suggest replacing the whole zipper, but that's entirely up to you!
Maybe the zipper head is easier to find? Again, up to you.