• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Might answer "why the buckle" on early B3's

Carl

Might help answer a question ?

Silver Surfer

dont look right to me, my man.. best as i can guess, the short chest belt was intended for a high altitude oxygen device. since it was not used on later b-3s, i reckon that didnt work ...for one reason or another.

B-Man2

Carl
Don’t ever recall seeing anything like that before. I’m wondering if that wasn’t a riggers
modification at some point.

Carl

The pic was taken at WRIGHT FIELD so maybe a experimental.
I'm not convinced on the oxy mask idea for that chest strap. I havnt seen or read anything about how it could be for that purpose but that's just my thoughts and could be wrong :)

MikeyB-17

Definitely not a rigger mod, early B-3's had 'em and we've discussed this before, and came to the conclusion that what that chap is doing is what they were designed for - although I've wondered why it wasn't angled towards the right rather than straight up. First pic I've seen of it in use though.

MikeyB-17

Here y’go.

stanier

Completely off topic, but the chap in that pic must be very hot in there. His glasses look very steamed up!