• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Maybe interesting for someone RW 27752 A-2 in 46”

B-Man2

This would make a good jacket to turn into a Hilts Great Escape Jacket, that we discussed on the other thread. It’s old and worn ELC 27752 , the price is right. Add a Roundel and a set of captains bars and a bit of stenciling to the lining, a name tag and bingo. It would be a damn sight better and cheaper than what we’ve seen.
Just a thought to anyone who might be thinking about one.

Last edited:

mulceber

This would make a good jacket to turn into a Hilts Great Escape Jacket, that we discussed on the other thread. It’s old and worn ELC 27752 , the price is right. Add a Roundel and a set of captains bars and a bit of stenciling to the lining, a name tag and bingo. It would be a damn sight better and cheaper than what we’ve seen.
Just a thought to anyone who might be thinking about one.

True that. It could also be a good candidate for a re-dye, if someone REALLY wanted to get the reissue look.

B-Man2

Exactly .... this jacket has a lot of potential, with just a bit of work it can be turned into a keeper.

mulceber

Exactly .... this jacket has a lot of potential, with just a bit of work it can be turned into a keeper.

Yeah - a good fixer-upper. I'd consider it, except it's 2 sizes too big for me, and the United Sheeplined I got a month ago cleaned out my jacket money for a while.

B-Man2

That's true......and its going to be a good value for the money.
I was thinking that if someone was looking for a Vigil Hilts look alike jacket, the ELC would fit the requirement of being a Rough Wear 27752 jacket which is what they use when making the repro.

mulceber

I was thinking that if someone was looking for a Vigil Hilts look alike jacket, the ELC would fit the requirement of being a Rough Wear 27752 jacket which is what they use when making the repro.

That brings up something that puzzles me: it seems like everyone’s in agreement that McQueen probably wore the 27752, but according to ELC’s own website, they use the RW 16159 when making the reissue. Seems strange, especially since they also have the 27752 available on their site.

B-Man2

That brings up something that puzzles me: it seems like everyone’s in agreement that McQueen probably wore the 27752, but according to ELC’s own website, they use the RW 16159 when making the reissue. Seems strange, especially since they also have the 27752 available on their site.
Your not alone...for years we've debated what contract the jacket was supposed to be and the consensus was that it was a Rough Wear 27752.... When ELC came out with their interpretation of the Hilts jacket they used the RW 16159...……. Honestly I've never seen it in print or documented anywhere what jacket was used in the movie. Now I'm relatively new around here compared to some of the more knowledgeable guys, so maybe they have something more to add to this story.

Pilot

Thats not postal...so normal, even at the lower end.
For reference, please feel free to ask Dave about sending an A-2 to France via Royal Mail inssured priority...= 45 £...( for just over the Channel..!).

Last edited:

Micawber

Thats not postal...so normal, even at the lower end.
For reference, please feel free to ask Dave about sending an A-2 to France via Royal Mail inssured priority...= 45 £...( for just over the Channel..!).

I'm not without experience and have shipped a lot of stuff about internationally myself over the past several decades. But this jacket for that postage - no.