• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

MASH Japan

jack31916

Hi,

I'd like to order a few (repair) goodies like knits etc from MASH Japan. No jackets or other big items. Total of the goodies Yen 22,700 . Estimated shipping costs to The Netherlands Yen 16,495 !!!!

I've ordered stuff from MASH in the past but can't recall the too steep shipping costs. Anyone else the same experience?

Pilot

Normally Mash provides very accurate shipping costs.
Just did a simulation buying goods, knits , zips, fabric, for a similar balance...
Shipped to France and not to neighboring Korea where I normally live
See below...
9D93E6F3-6385-42BF-9063-CD060FF7438E.png

jack31916

@Pilot:

Thanks for your reply and those are normal and acceptable shippingcosts. I can only choose for UPS (Yamato), After selecting the Paypal option it even got worse... Yen 17,160.

Due to your simulation I found out that MASH does not offer the Express Mail Service to The Netherlands...

I'll check their customer service for further information. Thanks for your help !

Dany McDonald

Hi Jack,

I just receive a NOS Talon M42 and the shipping was ok...ish. Knits should fit in a similar box.

MASH CO. Ltd.

Actual Shipping cost: Yen2,130 (EMS/Express Postal Mail Service)

Order Total: Yen7,130 (Paid)

Dany

jack31916

Hi Jack,

I just receive a NOS Talon M42 and the shipping was ok...ish. Knits should fit in a similar box.

MASH CO. Ltd.

Actual Shipping cost: Yen2,130 (EMS/Express Postal Mail Service)

Order Total: Yen7,130 (Paid)

Dany

Thanks for your reply Dany and that amount of money is fully acceptable.

I guess something goes wrong with my check out and I've contacted the costumers service at Mash. Awaitin a reply from them...

jack31916

Received an answer from MASH Japan although not very satisfactory. The given amount of Shippingcosts is a maximum amount...? MASH suggest to order first and then they calculate the shippingcosts.

I will give it a try and see where it ends. Thanks for all your input :)

Silver Surfer

mash always does the best they can for shipping. due to corona, and the screwed up international shipping, mash has opted to use Yamato.. my order was delivered under 10 days,,no customs, well packed, and of course, high quality goods.

ausreenactor

Received an answer from MASH Japan although not very satisfactory. The given amount of Shippingcosts is a maximum amount...? MASH suggest to order first and then they calculate the shippingcosts.

At The Front do that too. Refunding any overage. Not currently as they only use FEDEX. Which is still lightning fast...

Postage out of Japan is a little hectic. My BR 511th Tanker took two attempts and weeks and weeks..

dinomartino1

Japan post stopped accepting overseas mail a while back.

Temporary suspension and resumption of acceptance, delivery delays of mail items destined to various countries/territories (Updated on June 4)
The novel coronavirus pandemic has caused many countries/territories to take measures such as stopping acceptance of inbound postal items as well as considerable suspension and reduction of flights from/to Japan. Accordingly, our transportation performance has significantly declined. Therefore, our acceptance of international mail items, mainly for EMS and parcel-post/letter-post items by air and SAL, has been temporarily suspended from April 2. For details on the countries and territories to which acceptance of mail is temporarily suspended as of June 5, please see the appendix (PDF:60kB).

Items which have already been accepted and cannot be dispatched to their destinations will be returned from the delivery offices to the senders in order.

Meanwhile, we will resume acceptance of mail items as noted below from June 5.

• EMS and parcel-post/letter-post items by air destined to Switzerland
  • Parcel-post/letter-post items by surface destined to Spain and Botswana
  • All types of mail items destined to Curaçao
In addition, because of the global reduction of flights, considerable delivery delays are expected for accepted outbound mail items.
We sincerely apologize for the inconvenience. It would be appreciated if you would kindly understand this situation in advance.

Thomas Koehle

If you still got trouble with high shipping rates try to calculate the charges for shipping to Germany and I will forward the stuff to you

jack31916

If you still got trouble with high shipping rates try to calculate the charges for shipping to Germany and I will forward the stuff to you
Thanks Thomas and very generous of you!

I've just placed an order and will get a confirmation next week. See if the shippingrate is acceptable. If not, I would very much like to use your offer! Thanks again !

Rutger

Ordered about halfway March. It was shipped, got a reply a month later that the package never got beyond whatever city it was in Japan, so canceled and money refunded.

Will try now again, maybe this time right.
42 countries on the list of European suspended destinations. Netherlands not on the list. Fingers crossed.

kirova

Hi,

I'd like to order a few (repair) goodies like knits etc from MASH Japan. No jackets or other big items. Total of the goodies Yen 22,700 . Estimated shipping costs to The Netherlands Yen 16,495 !!!!

I've ordered stuff from MASH in the past but can't recall the too steep shipping costs. Anyone else the same experience?

like others had said, it is most likely due to the Wuhan virus causing international flights to come to a complete halt.

I have just ordered something from another Japanese website, only to be told that I will either have to pay for DHL or waiting for normal flight activities to resume if I want the cheaper shipping option, I just wish they had told that BEFORE I paid for the order..........

kirova

lol ok didn't know that.

I ordered something from HLJ a month or two ago and they came through ok.

but most recent order with Amiami I am told it is DHL only..........

(before anyone gets too excited, HLJ and Amiami are websites for scaled models and other anime merch, nothing to do with jackets :))