• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

MASH A-10/USN Gloves

Officer Dibley

Sizing wise, are the MASH and ELC A-10's identical?

No idea myself Grant. My ELC are 11’s and MASH are 10’s.... and regardless of the views of otgers smarter than me saying MASH & ELC are the same, there are differences.
I had ELC 10’s which were uncomfortable and too tight yet the MASH fit better and little water and wearing will, i think, fit me more comfortably than the ELC 11’s.....

Smithy

I think the moral of the story is if you're thinking about getting either some MASH A-10s or some ELC A-10s go and buy them from MASH.

They're either the same gloves or exceedingly similar and the icing on the cake? Buying from MASH you'll save yourself 40 quid on the unit price!

Carl

I didnt want to start an argument chaps !!:confused::oops:.
I have had 3 pairs of the ELC and now have a MASH pair courtesy of Dave .
It was just what I had noted when looking at either pair .
All have seemed to wear in the same, hide colour etc .
Dont go arguing and falling out , it's a lovely world we live in, let's keep it all happy and peaceful !! boomshanka!! and may the seed of your loin be fruitful in the belly of your woman !!.

Carl

Taken against the originals.
20191225_160044.jpg

ausreenactor

Very true. When I ordered my A-10s it was the first time I had ordered from MASH and I was slightly curious about how it would go. I needn't have worried and I was very impressed and satisfied. Good communication, fast, safe shipping and packaged beautifully.

It's a real insult if ELC are buying them from MASH because they'll be buying them at a wholesale price so the markup is much larger than comparing the retail prices between the two.

More and more of this stuff about ELC's pricing philosophy seems to come out every month and it really does come across as if they are trying to shaft their punters up the backside for as much as they possibly can.

IF they are produced by the same maker then ELC is only charging a premium for risking that internation shipment and translating the blurb into English for the UK based 'fraidy cats'.

Smithy

IF they are produced by the same maker then ELC is only charging a premium for risking that internation shipment and translating the blurb into English for the UK based 'fraidy cats'.

That might be what they're doing Couchy but if they are the same gloves you'd have to be batshit crazy to buy them from them. Total bloody rip off mate. Buy them from MASH, they'll still work out cheaper with postage and beautifully packaged to boot.

Officer Dibley

That might be what they're doing Couchy but if they are the same gloves you'd have to be batshit crazy to buy them from them. Total bloody rip off mate. Buy them from MASH, they'll still work out cheaper with postage and beautifully packaged to boot.

Depends on where you are. Had i bought from ELC, i might’ve thought about returning for a larger size or refund. Sending back to MASH is too expensive. With ELC i’d have only been down the shipping one or both ways - about a tenner tops. Sending back to Japan costs me £14 each way and a much longer wait for my money or the replacement goods.
So know exactly what you want if buying from any country other than your own .....

adfrost

I’m a huge weeb and order stuff from Japan all the time, so the shipping doesn’t bother me. MASH was prompt with the shipment & it didn’t take long to get here, so I have no complaints. I’d order from them again if I had reason to.

Can’t help but agree. Even from MASH, they’re on the expensive side for gloves, so ELCs price is even more ridiculous. Truth be told, the US Authentic gloves aren’t bad for the price. The only reason I decided to get the MASH was because the US A size mediums were too small for my liking.

Clark J

I had 2 pr of mint gens I'm darn sure they were made from goat. Could be wrong but made from the same leather as the Navy shearling FPs pockets.