• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Mash A-10 gloves

Cocker

This is a repost of my thread on the Fedora Lounge, thought it might interest some people here:

Finally picked up my A-10 gloves at the post office yesterday. They are made by Mash Co. LTD in Japan. Others have pointed that Mash is doing the gloves for Eastman, and they are just relabelling them.

My very first contact with them was quite disappointing as the nice post office lady advised me there will be a 42EUR customs fee on my 110EUR package...

Anyway, I took it home, opened it, and faced one of the most beautiful packaging I've seen so far. I really appreciate that MASH is going the extra mile with this:

I can honestly say I was really not disappointed with the quality of the gloves. The leather is a smooth, russet brown goat skin. The seams and stitching are neat, and the elastic wrist band is a dull purple/brown heavy one.

The USAAF decal is great, no background brightness or whatsoever.

And here is the lining. Mash advises it as "100% Virgin Wool Knitting texture". As far as I can see, the label is almost an exact repro of an original one, except for the name of the manufacturer, of course!

It was time for the final test! At first, the gloves felt pretty tight, which led me to think they may be too small for me. I quickly shed out this idea, as a couple of my fingers were not going exactly to the end of the glove's fingers. I then flexed my hand a couple times, opened and closed it, and I could feel the leather relaxing almost immediately. After a few minutes, the gloves were fitting like, well, a glove.

Well, all I need now is for the temperature to drop a bit to wear them on a daily basis!

Smithy

Thought I'd tack this onto Cedric's thread rather than start a new one. I just received a pair of these today and I'm thrilled. This was the first time I have ordered from MASH and I have to say if all their products are this good I wouldn't hesitate to order from them again. I also found their sizing chart was absolutely spot on for me, I couldn't have asked for a better fit.

IoRWEAs.jpg

Y0lX6Mc.jpg

Greg Gale

I'm sooo longing for a pair of these. The VAT and duites shipping from Japan to Europe keep putting me off though :(
Any possible cheaper alternatives? QMI perhaps? Or are they that much worse?

Smithy

I had to pay duty on them when I picked them up from the post office today Greg but I think they're well and truly worth it. If you can I'd put away a little bit every week and save up for them. They really are cracking gloves.

And thanks Carl from posting the pic of your original A-10s!

Cocker

Yup, the VAT can kill it, as I said... That being said, they were really helpful that winter, I wore them a lot.

Greg, regarding QMI, I get the feeling that you'll receive what you paid for, so no miracle regarding the quality.

Carl

Meh, I know :( I'll just have to start saving for a pair after the summer vacations.
Can not any of the members in the East help you out by having them shipped to them, then post them on to you Greg with a very low declaration value to stop the Customs charges ? ;)

Smithy

Can not any of the members in the East help you out by having them shipped to them, then post them on to you Greg with a very low declaration value to stop the Customs charges ? ;)

I'd do that for Greg in a shot Carl if we had no import taxes but unfortunately we get hit here in Norway with duties as well (I had to pay £22/$US30) today to pick mine up from the post office. Still I think they are definitely worth it. I can't stop wearing them, I look like a complete pillock as I've been wearing them round the house :oops:

I just also want to add that ordering from MASH was a piece of cake, and the gloves were packaged beautifully - the lovely envelope they came in (which is in the first photo above) wasn't creased at all - in the photo I'd had it stuffed in a shopping bag with the groceries as I couldn't make it home without opening! There were two plastic bags and everything was packed in a very heavy duty cardboard box with those airbag cushion thingies to protect everything. Top marks to MASH.

Carl

Ah !! i see Smithy , oh well the idea was there !:(
I'm sooo longing for a pair of these. The VAT and duites shipping from Japan to Europe keep putting me off though :(
Any possible cheaper alternatives? QMI perhaps? Or are they that much worse?
what size you after Greg ??? o_O

Carl

Thought I'd tack this onto Cedric's thread rather than start a new one. I just received a pair of these today and I'm thrilled. This was the first time I have ordered from MASH and I have to say if all their products are this good I wouldn't hesitate to order from them again. I also found their sizing chart was absolutely spot on for me, I couldn't have asked for a better fit.

IoRWEAs.jpg

Y0lX6Mc.jpg
What order number on the label do MASH use ??

Carl

Hi Carl,

They use:

42-16839-P

Cheers,

Tim
Same order # as the ELC ones then ! o_O

i dont know whether you know or not Smithy , that the A10 manufactuers are unknown ,as they manufacturers didnt put their names on the labels , like a few other AAF items .
BUT !! i have found the 5 names of the manufacturers out of the 6 contracts known ;)

C

Smithy

Same order # as the ELC ones then ! o_O

i dont know whether you know or not Smithy , that the A10 manufactuers are unknown ,as they manufacturers didnt put their names on the labels , like a few other AAF items .
BUT !! i have found the 5 names of the manufacturers out of the 6 contracts known ;)

C

I have heard that the MASH and ELC gloves are actually the same gloves Carl.

I need to shut up but boy am I happy with these, they're just too damn nice!

And Carl, I saw that you're after a copy of "Full Gear", have you put in a request search via abebooks? I've done that before with some seriously rare books and it's worked every time. Might take a little time but sure as eggs every time I've done it I've eventually gotten an email saying "we've find the book you were looking for."

Carl

I have heard that the MASH and ELC gloves are actually the same gloves Carl.

I need to shut up but boy am I happy with these, they're just too damn nice!

And Carl, I saw that you're after a copy of "Full Gear", have you put in a request search via abebooks? I've done that before with some seriously rare books and it's worked every time. Might take a little time but sure as eggs every time I've done it I've eventually gotten an email saying "we've find the book you were looking for."
I havnt as of yet Tim ! But that might be the way to go !! Thanks for that idea !
As for the ELC and MASH gloves being the same i have no idea .strange they both use the same contract number though :rolleyes:

Smithy

Thanks for posting those Carl. Those look exactly like the MASH ones and I really wouldn't be surprised if they are the same gloves as has been suggested before.

They look great!