• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

map pouch repro 43F

Edward

Just in case anyone is interested and in need The Rigger Depot has a fantastic museum-quality 43 F series escape map pouch made from original rubberized waterproof khaki fabric for $27.95 plus shipping. *
I have an original period 1945 C/D pouch and this 43F pouch fabric is spot on. I got it for my spare 43 C/D ETO silk (rayon) map.

(*compass, map and saw not included.)

IMG_1648.jpg

ORIGINALS for comparison:
43F.jpg

red_43_money_purse.jpg

And this eBay seller makes a fairly nice repro escape compass if you don't want to drop over $100 for a real one. his is $25 but is almost twice the size of an original. he also makes repro steel hacksaws that look the part for $20.

s-l400.jpg

Edward

Could make a great inside pocket for an A-2! Was this done back in the days?
great idea! that would look so cool! not sure if it was ever done but with all the customization I've seen (what little I've seen) I'm sure someone did it! lol! late in the war many ditched the pouch and just stuffed the folded map in their crusher or in a pocket.